Federal Retired Law Officer Concealed Handgun Permit

In compliance with the Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act - Federal Law HR218, you may apply for a Retired / Separated Law Enforcement Officer Concealed Handgun Permit with the City and County of Broomfield if you qualify. Please read the following instructions carefully. Note: Retired/separated officers applying for a permit must reside or maintain a secondary residence within the City and County of Broomfield.

You may obtain a Retired / Separated Law Enforcement Officer Concealed Handgun Permit by:
  • Downloading and printing the application and information packet
  • Calling 720-887-2086 and requesting an application and information packet be sent to you

Please read the information packet thoroughly. It provides all of the information you will need to complete your application.

Once the application is completed, call 720.887.2086 to schedule an appointment.

Don't forget...

  • Leave the application unsigned -- you will need to sign it in front of a Police Department representative.
  • Include a check or money order for $35 made payable to the Broomfield Police Department for the processing fee.
  • Include a money order or cashiers check for $13 made payable to the Colorado Bureau of Investigations (CBI) for the background check.
  • Include a copy of the photographic identification issued by the agency from which you retired / separated from service as a law enforcement officer.
  • Include proof of residency (Colorado Driver’s License or Colorado ID Card).

If you have any questions about concealed handgun permits, please call 720.887.2086.