Dillon Road/W. 144th Ave. Project
Sign Up for Email Updates
News & Updates...............................................
It is anticipated this project will go to Council for a Study Session in March.
On March 9, 2016, Broomfield staff had an open house with residents living adjacent to Dillon Road between S. 120th St. and Sheridan Blvd. to gather comments.
Click HERE to view public comments from this meeting.
On January 20, 2016, Broomfield staff met with representatives from Boulder County Transportation and Open Space to discuss:
- A conceptual layout of Dillon Road from South 120th Street to Sheridan Boulevard;
- Bike lane and shared-use path alternatives from the Dillon Road bicycle/pedestrian access feasibility study; and
- Approximations of right-of-way (ROW) needed from Boulder County to complete the proposed roadway and bicycle/pedestrian improvements.
Dillon Road Expansion Project Rendering - East from S. 120th St. to Sheridan Blvd.
(Renderings and design by Mueller Engineering)
Dillon Road/West 144th Avenue is a regional roadway with connectivity to I-25, US 287, and arterial street connections to Lafayette and Louisville. The roadway between the Northwest Parkway (NWP) and Zuni Street is in the City and County of Broomfield.
A Traffic Analysis Report established that traffic congestion is heaviest westbound during the morning peak hour, and eastbound during the afternoon peak.
- During the morning peak, the less congested eastbound trip took approximately 7 minutes at an average speed of 30 mph. While the very congested westbound trip took 17 minutes at an average speed of 12 mph.
- During the afternoon peak, the less congested westbound trip took approximately 6 minutes at an average speed of 35 mph.
- There was a rolling "stop and go" westbound vehicle queue extending east from Aspen Street nearly to Lowell Boulevard.
- At times traffic would sit at a green traffic signal with no room to move forward. There was a long queue (20 plus vehicles) of northbound traffic on Aspen Street waiting to turn left onto 144th Avenue during each cycle.
Click HERE for Dillon Rd./144th Ave. Traffic Forecast and Adjacent Roadway Impact Analysis Report.
The Broomfield City Council appropriated project funding in the 2016 budget to complete the ultimate widening of the west end of the Dillon Road/West 144th Avenue corridor to four continuous through lanes from just west of South 120th Street to Sheridan Boulevard. The project will include the recommended bike and pedestrian path/lane improvements.
Comments or questions? Please email Noreen at email@example.com.