Active Adults Trips
Active Adult Trip & Activity Policies
- Pre-registration is required for all classes and trips.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- All classes and trips are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time.
- All arrival times on trips are approximate. We will make every effort to depart and arrive in a timely manner.
- No smoking on vans or buses.
- We encourage you to utilize the waitlist process whenever possible. Individuals on the waitlist will be contacted if spots become available and given first priority to added classes or trips.
- An exertion chart has been established based on the physical intensity of the trip. Exertion numbers are listed next to each trip.
- Registrations must be completed by the participating member. Trips are not transferrable.
- Door-to-door transportation is available to those who cannot drive themselves. Space is limited so please make your transportation arrangements at the time of registration or a minimum of three days prior to the class or trip. Contact the senior office for transportation availability at 303-464-5526. Door-to-door transportation is available to Broomfield residents only for an additional fee of $2.50 each way.
Refund Policy on Trips and Activities
- If the class or trip is cancelled by the Recreation Department, a full credit will be automatically applied to your account. If you would prefer a full refund please indicate your wishes when you are contacted regarding the cancellation.
- Administrative fees of $10 will be assessed on any cancellation initiated by the participant before the deadline date.
- Cancellations initiated after the deadline will not receive a refund, unless the space can be filled with another participant.
For Accommodations, please contact Kim at 303-464-5536
- Individuals who need an assistant (i.e. someone to push the wheelchair) must provide one at the time of registration to ensure trip availability. Trip fees will apply to the assistant as well.
- Requests for Easy Ride Transportation must be made at the time of registration or a minimum of three days prior to the class or trip.
- For individuals using motorized mobility devices, such as scooters, please note the vehicle lift capacity is 800 pounds. We are aware that the weight of mobility devices can vary, so please be familiar with the weight of your mobility device when registering for trips that require transportation. Should the combined weight of the participant and mobility device exceed 800 pounds, transportation can still be provided if the participant is able to independently transfer from the mobility device to a wheelchair. The mobility device will be loaded onto the vehicle first and then the participant.
- For information and questions on any special accommodations, please contact Kim Hollingsworth at 303-464-5536.
This is a generalization for the trip.
Trip Exertion Scale:
1: easy, mostly sitting
2: easy, mostly sitting, with some walking
3: moderate, some walking, possible stairs
4: moderate to high, lots of walking, outside, stairs, elevation
5: high, long day, lots of walking, stairs, elevation
Active Adult Trips
The first Friday of each month, we will travel to a new restaurant to experience some great breakfast food and fellowship. Fee includes transportation only. The meal is on your own. Prices do not include tax or gratuity.
The third Wednesday of each month, we will travel to a fine dining restaurant for food and fellowship. Fee includes transportation only. The meal is on your own. Prices do not include tax or gratuity.
Sit back and relax as you are comfortably taken to Black Hawk or Central City. Most casino packages includes transportation, 2 time points, $5 cash back on day of the trip, $5 or $10 off meals, and free drinks while gambling. You must use your player card to earn points. You must be age 21 to enroll for these trips. Trip deadline date: 3 BUSINESS days prior to trip.
Active Adult Day Tripslink
Presentation will be held by Jill LaCroix (Premier World Discovery) on Wednesday April 12 from 10:30–11:30 am at the Broomfield Community Center in the Gold Room. Brochures of these trips are available at the Broomfield Community Front desk.
Fall Colors & Lighthouses of the Great Lakes
Featuring 2 nights in Chicago and 2 nights on Mackinac Island
9 Days: September 28, 2017
Join us as we see the fall colors & lighthouses of the Great Lakes. We will start out the trip with a two night stay in Chicago before heading to Michigan where the first stop will be Grand Rapids to see the Gerald Ford Museum before traveling to Mackinac Island for a two night stay. From Mackinac travel through Michigan’s scenic upper peninsula to Green Bay Wisconsin, Door County and the Wisconsin Dells. You will enjoy a city tour of Chicago, the quaintness of Mackinac Island, carriage tours, lighthouses, a traditional Door County Fish Boil, a boat cruise and much more while experiencing some of the most beautiful fall colors.
For more information on extended trips, please call 303.464.5536.
Music Cities Christmas
Featuring Branson, Memphis & Nashville
6 Days: December 1, 2017
Join us for our Music Cities Christmas trip. Your trip will be filled with holiday shows and sites in Branson, Memphis and Nashville. Highlights of the trip include a performance by Shoji Tabuchi, time at the Clinton Presidential Library, a visit to Graceland and two nights at the Opryland Hotel with a performance at the Grand Ole Opry. For more information on extended trips, please call 303.464.5536.