About Broomfield - Location, History and DemographicsGovernment - City and County ServicesCommunity - Resident ResourcesHow Do I? - Find it FastA to Z - Service Listing
Click to Home

Go To Search

Cats Cats are considered free roaming animals, and are not subject to the Running at Large ordinance of the City and County of Broomfield. Cat owners are encouraged to keep their cats indoors. For more information, please read Your Cat: Indoors or Out made available by the Dumb Friends League.

Missing Cats - Lost Pet Resources

The Police Department's Animal Services Unit does not loan cat traps, nor do they impound stray cats. If you have found a cat that appears to be lost, sick, or injured, you may do one of the following:

  • Contact Broomfield Animal Services and report the cat as "found" and an animal services officer will explain all available options.
  • Turn the cat loose.
  • If the cat is sick or injured:
    • Call Broomfield Animal Services 
  • Take the cat to the Humane Society of Boulder Valley (please visit their website for hours of operation). The cat will be taken in free of charge. The Humane Society has a full veterinary staff that can address the cat’s medical needs.