Tree Branch Recycling Program
RECYCLE YOUR HOLIDAY TREE
During the holiday season, the City & County of Broomfield’s Forestry Department has eight collection sites throughout the City where your holiday tree can be dropped off and recycled. The collection sites will begin accepting trees on Saturday, December 19, 2020. The sites will remain open through Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
HOLIDAY TREES ONLY - NO WREATHS, GARLAND, YARD WASTE, TREE BRANCHES, OR OTHER WOOD PRODUCTS.
Holiday Tree Collection Sites
- Bronco Park - Westlake Dr. and Grove Cir. The tree drop-off is north of the backstop.
- Broadlands Park West - Sheridan Blvd and Meadow Mountain Dr. The tree drop-off is on the northwest side of the parking lot.
- Lac Amora Park - Miramonte Blvd. and Oak Cir. North. The tree drop-off is north of the playground.
- Community Park Ball Fields - Community Park Dr. and Lamar St. The tree drop-off is west of George Hall Field.
- Broomfield Recycle Center - Industrial Lane and Commerce St. The tree drop-off is west of the recycle bins.
- Meridian Park - McKay Cir. and Park Cove Way in McKay Landing. The tree drop-off is located north of the backstop.
- Anthem Community Park parking lot – Approximately ½ mile east of Lowell on Sheridan Pkwy (NOT THE SMALL PARKING LOT DESIGNATED FOR RESERVOIR ACCESS). The tree drop-off is located on the east side of the parking lot.
- Tree Branch Recycling Facility - 2990 W 124th Ave. Tree drop-off is located east of the guard shack by the mulch pile.
Please note: Holiday trees will be accepted at the Tree Branch Recycling Facility after the January 13th deadline. The hours of operation are Wednesday, 1 pm to 5 pm and Saturday, 8 am to 5 pm
NOTE: Tree Branch Recycle Center Holiday Closures
- Saturday, December 26, 2020
- Wednesday, December 30, 2020
- Saturday, January 2, 2021
Will open with regularly scheduled hours on Wednesday, January 6, 2021.
This program is available to Broomfield residents only—NO contractors or non-residents; proof of residency will be required at the gate. The site is monitored 24 hours by surveillance camera, and violators will be prosecuted for illegal dumping under section 8.04.020 of the Broomfield Municipal Code.
- Only tree branches and shrub branches will be accepted. Please do not bring trash, sod, grass clippings, or other landscape debris, including lumber and fence materials.
- No wire, nails, or metal of any kind is allowed due to potential damage to the tub grinder and risk to the operators. Branches more than 18 inches in diameter must be cut into 4-foot lengths.
- Free mulch is available year-round at the Broomfield Recycling Center. Bring your shovel and take as much as you need—there is no limit!
Leaf and Pumpkin Drop-Off
Leaf Drop-Off Dates
- Saturday 10.17.2020 through Saturday 1.9.2021
Pumpkin Drop-Off Dates
- Saturday 10.24.2020 through Saturday 1.9.2021