Tree Branch Recycling Program
This program is available to Broomfield residents only—NO contractors or non-residents; proof of residency will be required at the gate. The site is monitored 24 hours by a surveillance camera, and violators will be prosecuted for illegal dumping under section 8.04.020 of the Broomfield Municipal Code.
- Only tree branches and shrub branches will be accepted.
- Please do not bring trash, sod, grass clippings, leaves or other landscape debris, including lumber and fence materials.
- Leaves are only accepted at the facility in the fall beginning about mid-October through the end of the year.
- No wire, nails, or metal of any kind is allowed due to potential damage to the tub grinder and risk to the operators. Branches more than 18 inches in diameter must be cut into 4-foot lengths.
- Free mulch is available year-round at the Broomfield Recycling Center. Bring your shovel and take as much as you need—there is no limit!
Located at 2990 W. 124th Ave.
Hours of operation are Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Leaf and Pumpkin Drop-Off
- Wednesday, Oct. 25, 2023 through Saturday, Jan. 6, 2024, during hours of operation: Wednesdays 1 to 5 p.m., Saturdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
A roll-off will be located inside the tree branch drop-off area. Please, no plastic bags, branches, or other yard debris. Pumpkins will be composted.
Leaves can be placed into the tree branch pile. Please take all your bags with you. Do not leave them on site.
NOTE: Tree Branch Recycle Center Holiday Closures
- Saturday, Nov. 11, 2023
- Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023
- Saturday, Dec. 23, 2023
- Saturday, Dec. 30, 2023
Will open with regularly scheduled hours on Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2024.
2990 W 124th Avenue, within the Tree Branch Recycle & RV Wastewater Disposal Facility.
- Wednesdays, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This schedule is in effect year-round, with some exceptions for holidays.
PLEASE NOTE: The site may sometimes close if it is extremely muddy or wet. If in doubt, please call 303-464-5651.
John Vanko 303-464-5651