Voter Registration & Confidentiality
Register to vote online or print and complete the paper voter registration form and return it to use by mail, email or fax. All active registered voters will automatically receive a mail ballot in every election. There is no requirements in Colorado to apply for an absentee ballot.
When is the last day to register to vote?
Colorado allows you to register to vote through Election Day. But this may affect the method by which you can vote.
- If you register to vote by mail or online through www.govotecolorado.com at least 8 days before an election, you will be MAILED a ballot.
- If you register after the 8th day before an election, you must visit a Voter Service & Polling Center to get a ballot.
- If you register to vote through a voter registration drive, your application must be submitted no later than 22 days before an election.
Registration and Updates
- Update Voter Registration - Update or view your voter registration online and change your address or political party affiliation. Or if you prefer, you may print and complete the paper registration form and return it to us. NOTE: If you have previously requested 'confidential status', you will not be able to view your voter registration online and must use the paper form.
- Register as Military/Overseas Voter -Register to vote as a UOCAVA voter if you are a military service member or his/her dependents absent from the state because of active duty, or a citizen living overseas.
- Request a Temporary Address for your Ballot - Will you be out of town during election season? Whether you are a college student, snowbird or simply going on vacation, you can update the mailing address on your voter registration in order to receive your mail ballot in another town or state. Remember to change it again after you return! NOTE: Your residential address must still be in the City and County of Broomfield.
- Cancel Registration for Deceased Person - If your family member has passed away, you may cancel his/her voter registration by sending a signed letter to the address below. Please include your deceased family member's full name, date of birth and address.
Register by Online, Mail, Fax or Email
- Voter Registration Form (print and sign the form, then return it by mail, fax or email)
- Online: www.govotecolorado.com
- Mailing Address: City and County of Broomfield, Elections Division, 1 DesCombes Drive, Broomfield CO 80020
- Fax Number: 303.410.3815
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org (return file as a signed PDF or Tiff file attachment)
- Voter Record Confidentiality Form - Use this form to request that your address included in any public records required to be made, maintained, or kept pursuant to section 1-2-227, 1-2-301, and 24-6-202, C.R.S. be kept confidential.
- Voter Confidentiality Overview - Fill out the voter confidentiality form, and pay $5.00 (cash or check) for the statutorily required processing fee, return completed form in person to the Elections Division at 1 DesCombes Drive. This will remove your information from future lists, but will not remove it from past elections already released.