Transfer of Ownership-Beer & Wine

RE: Transfer of Ownership - Beer and Wine License

Listed below you will find information and forms required to submit an application packet for Transfer of Ownership for a Beer & Wine License. These forms specify additional documents that need to be included with the application. In addition, Broomfield requires that a Control Plan be submitted with the application. The Plan should identify how alcohol will be controlled on the premises, including but not limited to information regarding locked alcohol storage, signage, and training of employees.

1. Colorado Liquor Retail License Application - DR 8404
2. Individual History Record Application - DR 8404-1
3. City of Broomfield Sales Tax License Application
4. Affidavit of Transfer and Statement of Compliance
5. Broomfield Municipal Code - Chapter 5-28 or Chapter 52
6. Information regarding Police Department Liquor Training
7. Wholesale Affidavit of Compliance - DR 8004
8. Lawful Presence Affidavit - DR 4679 (for Sole Proprietors, only)
9. Temporary Permit Application

  License fees for Transfer of Ownership
Payable to: State of Colorado Department of Revenue
Application fee for Transfer of Ownership
License Fee    $351.25
Payable to: City and County Of Broomfield
Application fee for New License   $550.00
License Fee     $48.75
Fingerprinting/Background Check Fee $38.50 each
Temporary Permit Fee (if applicable)  $100.00

If the applicant is a corporation, partnership, association or a limited liability company, it is to list by position all officers and directors, general partners, managing members, registered managers, all stockholders, partners (including limited partners) and members who have a 10% or greater financial interest in the applicant. All persons listed must submit an Individual History Record (IHR) form and need to be fingerprinted by the Police Department for a background check.  If there is a Master File with the State of Colorado, please provide that information. An appointment must be scheduled for fingerprinting. To book an appointment, please visit our website at: Fingerprinting is done at the Broomfield Police Department on Monday and Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., on Monday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and on Fridays from 9 :00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. There is a fee of $38.50 for each person being fingerprinted. To book an appointment or for questions regarding fingerprinting, please call 303.464.5722.

All applicants must contact the Planning Department for any information regarding the location of the licensed premises for zoning, restrictions, etc., and all food service applicants must also contact the Health Department for food service requirements. For questions regarding the planning process please call the Planning Department at 303-438-6284. For food service requirements, please call the Health and Human Services Department at 720-887-2200.

The Broomfield Local Licensing Authority (LLA) meets the first Wednesday of every month. Completed packets from applicants are due on Monday three weeks prior to the meeting. Click here for LLA application deadlines and meeting datesPage two of the Colorado Liquor or Fermented Malt Beverage Retail License Application provides a checklist of documentation required to accompany the application submitted. A list of possible additional documents needed is found on page four of the application and on page two of the Individual History Form. In addition, the City of Broomfield asks for an Affidavit of Source of Funds. Application packets must be submitted in duplicate. All documents must be printed single-sided on standard 8.5x11 white paper. After receipt of the application and upon Staff review, the application will be set to be heard before the Authority at the next possible meeting. After the presentation, the LLA will make a decision to approve or deny the application for the transfer. If approved, the application is then sent to the State Liquor Division for its approval.

It would be to your advantage to have local representation to follow the process of obtaining a liquor license. If you have any questions on the process, or need further information regarding a new Liquor License, please call the City Clerk's office at 303-438-6332, or email to The Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division phone number is 303-205-2300. State of Colorado, Department of Revenue Liquor and Beer Code and Regulations Books are available for purchase by contacting State Central Stores at 303-321-4161. You can also contact the State’s Liquor Division on the State’s web site at