Workers' Compensation and Leave

The City and County of Broomfield is committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees, volunteers and contractual persons.

If you are injured on the job:

  • Complete First Report of Injury (required) - all injured employees must complete this form and give it to Human Resources within 24 hours of the accident. If the employee is unable to complete it, a supervisor must complete it, and have the employee complete his/her own when he/she is able.
  • Choice of Provider Letter (required) - all injured employees MUST review to understand there are two choices for care after a workplace injury.
  • Accident Investigation - for workers' compensation injuries only, please see the Risk Management page for non-workers' compensation reporting.
  • Exposure Incident Investigation and Post-Exposure Checklist


The City and County of Broomfield offers a variety of leave options for eligible Full-Time and Part-Time employees.

FMLA General Notice for Employees 

Leave Policies

Leave Request Forms

Related Policies: