Concealed Handgun Permits-New
If you are interested in applying for a Colorado Concealed Handgun permit with the City and County of Broomfield, please read the following instructions carefully. You may obtain a Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Application by:
- Downloading and printing the Application and Information Packet.
- If you are not a United States citizen, you must also complete a Supplemental Questionnaire Form.
- Picking up an application at the Broomfield Police Department, 7 DesCombes Drive, at the Records Counter.
- Calling 303.438.6491 and requesting an application be sent to you.
Applications are accepted on Tuesdays between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. or Fridays 9 a.m. to noon by appointment only (not including holidays) at the Court Security Unit at the Broomfield Police Department, 7 DesCombes Drive. Please call 303.464.5799 to make an appointment.
- Only complete application packets (application, training certificate, fingerprints, payment) will be accepted.
- Leave the application unsigned -- you will need to sign it in front of a Police Department representative.
- Include a copy of any training certificate received for handgun courses attended **online courses are not accepted by the Broomfield Police Department**
- Contact the Court Security Unit, located at 7 DesCombes Drive, to set an appointment to be fingerprinted on a Tuesday between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (not including holidays) or Friday 9 a.m. to noon. There is no charge for this service.
- Include proof of residency (Colorado Driver’s License, Colorado ID Card, or Military ID Card and Duty Orders). If you are not the owner of the residence, please provide a copy of the lease, rental agreement, or notarized letter from the property owner.
- It is currently taking up to 90 days to process applications.
- A personal check, cashier’s check, or money order for $152.50 made payable to the Broomfield Police Department for processing, fingerprinting, and background check fees.