The Broomfield Police Department provides limited and restricted ride alongs for law-abiding citizens as a part of our community education program. This program avails to our citizens the opportunity to gain insight into the daily operations of the Broomfield Police Department Patrol Division.
This program is specifically limited to:
- Community Members (resident or business owner)
- Police Department applicants (who have successfully completed the Computer Voice Stress Analyzer and physical agility course)
- Police officers from other jurisdictions
- Individuals with a particular purpose, with approval of a Division Commander, Deputy Police Chief, or the Chief of Police
- Police Chaplain
- Riders must be at least 16 years of age.
- Persons under 18 years of age are required to have the Ride Along Request and Waiver form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Riders under 18 years of age are not allowed to ride on Watch III
- Participants are not allowed to ride more than once every six months and for no more than four hours at one time.
- Participants should allow at least five days in advance of the requested date to ride so that a review of their application and an assignment by the appropriate Patrol Supervisor can be made.