Founding of Gold Crown
The Gold Crown Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 public charity founded in 1986 by former NBA great Bill Hanzlik and Colorado business leader Ray Baker. The organization operates with a mission to provide opportunities and Educate Youth and Community Through Sports and Enrichment Programs. As the organization continues to grow, the Gold Crown Foundation anticipates providing more than 35,000 opportunities for girls and boys with our roster of programs in 2008.
Participants from the Denver metro area, Colorado front-range, and Rocky Mountain region will participate in Gold Crown enrichment, basketball, volleyball and golf programs as well as baseball through Coca-Cola All Star Park. The Gold Crown Foundation owns and operates Coca-Cola All Star Park in Lakewood, Colorado a premier youth baseball field modeled after historic Coors Field that was constructed in 1998 in conjunction with the Colorado Rockies Baseball Club.
Gold Crown Field House
In October of 2003, the Foundation proudly opened the Gold Crown Field House. This 56,000 square-foot indoor facility, which houses many of Gold Crown's indoor programs, allows us to greatly expand our enrichment programming and serve the community further. For more information, see their website.
What is Gold Crown Volleyball or Gold Crown Basketball?
The Gold Crown program (volleyball and/or basketball) is intended to help in the development of athletes who desire to play for their High School Volleyball and/or Basketball program.
Gold Crown teams consist of grades 6th to 8th that will compete in either the Silver or Gold level of play (level is determined by the coaching staff for each individual program). Although the program is for 6th to 8th grades, younger players are eligible to tryout/play but must play up to at least the 6th grade level so if your player is younger but has the ability to play he/she is more than welcome to tryout!
Here's the Broomfield area Gold Crown info:
- There is NO cost to tryout for Gold Crown.
- Tryouts are mandatory.
- We will try our best to take everyone but sometimes that is not possible so cuts might be made.
- If you are selected to play on a team your coach will tell you the costs.
- You will also need to sign a waiver given to you by the coach.
- Unfortunately, players do not get to select which team they will play on, they will be placed on teams based on the coaching staffs' player evaluations.
- The player fees will vary depending on the team.
- Team photos (if offered) are not always covered in your team fee.
- Practices will start late August/early September (for volleyball) and November for basketball. Each team will typically have 2 practices per week.
- Volleyball games will typically be played at the Gold Crown Field House (Alameda and Harland) and typically are played on Sundays.
- Basketball typically plays at various sites in the area and typically played on Sundays
- Volleyball season runs from August thru November.
- Basketball season usually runs November through February
Gold Crown Volleyball
We are looking for both coaches and players. Tryouts are in mid-August. Please check our website, BroomfieldRecreation.com in July for more information. Please contact Hannah Tuomi 303.464.5510 or htuomi@Broomfield.org for more information on the tryouts. To Sign-Up in advance for the tryouts visit BroomfieldAthletics.com and click on Gold Crown Volleyball Sign-Up.