Public Art Committee
- 6 p.m.
- Second Wednesday of each month; additional meetings as needed
- Location: Broomfield Library, 2nd Floor Eisenhower Room
- Wednesday, February 14, 6 p.m.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes | View Archives
Seven citizen members serve four year overlapping terms and two Council members serve two year terms.
| Member Name
on March 31
| KC Lancaster
| Gary Sherrer
| Council Member Name
| Sharon Tessier
| Deven Shaff
Staff LiaisonCheryl German, Cultural Affairs Staff
The purpose of the Public Art Committee is to:
- Implement the public art master plan approved by City Council including guidelines governing public art funding, selection, acquisition, placement, installation, marketing and maintenance of works of art
- Develop an educational program for city residents and visitors on Broomfield’s public art program
- Conduct an annual inventory and condition assessment of the city’s public art collection
- Consult with developers regarding public art opportunities in private developments per direction of the Council
VisionThe vision of the Broomfield Public Art Program is to enhance the image of Broomfield and foster a “sense of place” for its residents and visitors.
The mission is to create a more visually pleasing environment and to expand the opportunities for residents and visitors to experience quality works of art.
The Public Art Committee (PAC) created a Public Art Master Plan and Guidelines to facilitate acquisition of public art for the City and County of Broomfield which were adopted by City Council in 2004. In 2015, the City and County of Broomfield updated their arts and culture master plan, Creative Broomfield, which now incorporates the public art master plan. Click here to learn more about the Creative Broomfield process.
Any interested citizen is invited to attend committee meetings. Applications for open positions are available in January of each year. Check out www.broomfieldpublicart.com for all public art programs.