Change of Location

RE: Change of Location

Listed below you will find information and forms regarding a Change of Location for a Liquor License. These forms specify additional documents that need to be included with the application. In addition, Broomfield requires that a Control Plan be submitted with the application. The Plan should identify how alcohol will be controlled on the premises, including but not limited to information regarding locked alcohol storage, signage, and training of employees.

1. Report of Changes Application - DR 8442
2. Broomfield Municipal Code - Chapter 5-28 or Chapter 5-32

License Fees for Change of Location:
Payable to: Colorado Department of Revenue:
Application fee:   $150.00
Payable to: City and County of Broomfield
Application Fee:   $750.00

All applicants must contact the Planning Departments for any information regarding the location of the licensed premises for zoning, restrictions, etc., and all food service applicants must also contact the Health Department for food service requirements. For questions regarding the planning process please call the Planning Dept. at 303-438-6284. For food service requirements, please call the Health Department at 720-887-2200.

The Broomfield Local Licensing Authority (LLA) meets the first Wednesday of every month. Completed packets from applicants are due on Monday three weeks prior to the meeting. Click here for LLA application deadlines and meeting datesPage three, Section seven of the Permit Application & Report of Changes Application requires that a deed or lease establishing possession and a detailed diagram of the premises be provided. The deed or lease needs to be in the name of the Licensee. The diagram must indicate where alcohol beverages will be stored, served, possessed or consumed and, for hotel and restaurant licensees, the kitchen area must be designated. The Change of Location packet must be submitted and all documents must be printed single-sided on standard 8.5x11 white paper. After receipt of the application and upon Staff review, a date will be set to present the application before the LLA. At that time, the Authority will note receipt of the application, establish the neighborhood boundaries, and set a date and time for the public hearing regarding this application. The premises will need to be posted by the applicant with a public hearing notice provided by the City Clerk. Petitioning cannot be done until the premises has been posted for 48 hours and the timing begins after photos of the posted notice are submitted to the City Clerk. The public hearing will be held on the predetermined date, where the applicant will make a presentation regarding the needs and desires of the neighborhood. After the presentation, the LLA will make a decision to approve or deny the application for a Change of Location for license. If approved, the application is then sent to the State Liquor Division for its review.

It would be to your advantage to have local representation to follow the process of obtaining a liquor license. If you have any questions on the process, or need further information regarding a new Liquor License, please call the City Clerk's office at 303-438-6332, or email to The Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division phone number is 303-205-2300. State of Colorado, Department of Revenue Liquor and Beer Code and Regulations Books are available for purchase by contacting State Central Stores at 303-321-4161. You can also contact the State’s Liquor Division on the State’s website at