Presentations, Tours, and Ride Alongs
- Bike Safety
- Child Safety
- Personal Safety
- Home Security
- Fraud and Identity Theft Prevention
- Internet Safety
- 72-hour preparedness
- Run, Hide, Fight
Tours of the Police Department building located at 7 DesCombes Drive are scheduled throughout the year. The suggested group size is 20 with a minimum age limit of five years. Tours of the Detention Center are limited to adults only with exceptions made on a case-by-case basis.
All tours and presentations require scheduling 14 days in advance in order to properly coordinate all of the necessary resources. It is highly recommended that you have a back-up plan in place since police officers can be dispatched to emergency calls at a moment's notice.
To request a presentation or tour contact Public Information & Education Coordinator email Rachel Welte or call at 720-887-2084.
The Broomfield Police Department provides limited and restricted ride alongs for law-abiding citizens as a part of our community education program. This program avails to our citizens the opportunity to gain insight into the daily operations of the Broomfield Police Department Patrol Division.
THE PROGRAM IS LIMITED TO
- Community Members (resident or business owner).
- Police Department applicants (who have successfully completed the Computer Voice Stress Analyzer and physical agility course).
- Police officers from other jurisdictions.
- Individuals with a particular purpose, with approval of a Division Commander, Deputy Police Chief, or the Chief of Police.
- Police Chaplains
- Riders must be at least 16 years of age.
- Persons under 18 years of age are required to have the Ride Along Request and Waiver form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Riders under 18 years of age are not allowed to ride on Watch III.
- Participants are not allowed to ride more than once every six months and for no more than four hours at one time. Participants should allow at least five days in advance of the requested date to ride so that a review of their application and an assignment by the appropriate Patrol Supervisor can be made.
Persons requesting to participate in this program can obtain a Ride Along form in person at the Broomfield Police Department, 7 DesCombes Drive, Broomfield, Colorado or by email upon request. Police applicants may obtain a Ride Along Form from the Background Investigator, Broomfield Police Department, upon completion of the requirements listed above.