Building Permit Fee Schedule
The applicant for a permit shall provide an estimated permit value at the time of application. Permit valuations shall include
- Plumbing equipment
- Permanent systems
Special Permit Fees
- Mobile Homes, Construction and Office Trailers - Flat Rate Fee $100
- Demolition Permits - Flat Rate Fee $100
- Clean Up Permits - Flat Rate Fee $100
- Temporary Stand / Kiosk / Christmas Tree Stand Permits - Flat Rate Fee $100
Separate fees are calculated for each of the trades:
- Fire protection
Plan Review Fee
A plan review fee is charged for commercial projects, new
- Use Tax and SEF are also collected, see page two of the Building fee schedule.
- Water and sewer license fees - See fee schedule below
- Re-Inspection Fee - $75
Site Work Use Tax Information
- During a performance audit, the City and County of Broomfield recently identified an inconsistency between the Broomfield Municipal Code (BMC) and operating practices related to building construction use tax. Costs related to site work (e.g. landscaping, parking lots, patios, sidewalks, private utilities) have been inadvertently excluded from the use tax calculation. Site work is subject to use tax per BMC sections 3-08-040 and 3-08-060. To bring practice into compliance with the BMC, effective June 26, 2018, use tax of 4.15% will be charged on 50% of the site work valuation. Exemptions to use tax are addressed in BMC section 3-08-050. Please contact Tim Pate, Chief Building Official, at 303-438-6373 if you should have any questions related to this change.
Effective January 1st, 2020, water license costs will increase. The new fees are shown on the schedule below:
Water & Sewer Service Charges
Water and Sewer License Fees
Water and sewer license fees are determined based on the anticipated annual water usage. Separate fees are charged for the actual tap and for the meter. Please see Water & Sewer License Fee Schedule above for more information.
Feel free to call 303.438.6370 or fax 303.438.6207 for an estimate.
Please note that various fees change periodically.