Building Permit Fee Schedule
The applicant for a permit shall provide an estimated permit value at the time of application. Permit valuations shall include total value of work, including materials and labor, for which the permit is being issued, such as:
- Plumbing equipment
- Permanent systems
If, in the opinion of the building official, the valuation is underestimated on the application, the permit shall be denied, unless the applicant can show detailed estimates to meet the approval of the building official. Final building permit valuation shall be set by the building official based on the most recent Building valuation data from the International Code Council as a minimum for new detached single-family houses.
Special Permit Fees
- Mobile Homes, Construction and Office Trailers - Flat Rate Fee $100
- Demolition Permits - Flat Rate Fee $100
- Clean Up Permits - Flat Rate Fee $100
- Temporary Stand / Kiosk / Christmas Tree Stand Permits - Flat Rate Fee $100
Separate fees are calculated for each of the trades:
- Fire protection
Plan Review Fee
A plan review fee is charged for commercial projects, new single family and multi-family homes, and solar permits and calculated at 65% of the building permit fees including general, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing. Plan review fees shall be paid at the time of permit issuance. Depending on the scope of the project, separate hourly plan review fees may be assessed at $50 an hour.
- Use Tax and SEF are also collected, see page two of the Building fee schedule.
- Water and sewer license fees - See fee schedule below
- Re-Inspection Fee - $75
Site Work Use Tax Information
- During a performance audit, the City and County of Broomfield recently identified an inconsistency between the Broomfield Municipal Code (BMC) and operating practices related to building construction use tax. Costs related to site work (e.g. landscaping, parking lots, patios, sidewalks, private utilities) have been inadvertently excluded from the use tax calculation. Site work is subject to use tax per BMC sections 3-08-040 and 3-08-060. To bring practice into compliance with the BMC, effective June 26, 2018, use tax of 4.15% will be charged on 50% of the site work valuation. Exemptions to use tax are addressed in BMC section 3-08-050. Please contact Tim Pate, Chief Building Official, at 303-438-6373 if you should have any questions related to this change.
Effective January 1st, 2023, Utility license costs will increase. The new fees can be found on the schedule below:
Water and Sewer License Fees
Effective January 1st, 2023, Utility license costs will increase.
Water and sewer license fees are determined based on the anticipated annual water usage. Separate fees are charged for the actual tap and for the meter. Please see Water & Sewer License Fee Schedule above for more information.
Feel free to call 303.438.6370 or fax 303.438.6207 for an estimate.
Please note that various fees change periodically.
To insure the most accurate estimate, please contact the Building Division at 303-438-6370, hit option 5 to speak with someone from our department.