Oil and Gas
News, Data & Updates
- CIVITAS ANNOUNCEMENT
Broomfield's elected officials and staff are aware of today's announcement that Civitas Resources, Inc., a company that will be formed upon the closing of the merger between Extraction and Bonanza Creek, will acquire Crestone Peak Resources, Inc. In addition to continuing to monitor the Extraction merger, which is expected to close in the third quarter, staff and our legal team are working on understanding and addressing the impact of this acquisition, and will provide pertinent updates when we have them.
- BROOMFIELD'S OIL AND GAS REGULATIONS
Broomfield has revised its oil and gas regulations. First Reading of the proposed regulations at a City Council meeting occurred on April 27th and the Second Reading and passage of the regulations occurred at the May 11th City Council meeting. View the final draft of the oil and gas regulations here.
2/11/2021: The City and County of Broomfield has been informed that Extraction Oil and Gas intends to resume drilling operations in Broomfield in 2021. Specific plans, sites, or schedules have not been provided, although requested repeatedly, as this information is needed to best deploy air quality monitoring equipment and other resources available. The City and County of Broomfield remains committed to prioritizing the health and safety of residents and the community. More information will be provided when possible.
- Please see an FAQ document on the Extraction bankruptcy here.
- Oil & Gas Questions and Public Notices Dashboard
- Daily Data Snapshot
- View past snapshots
- Look Ahead newsletter (Archive)
(Sign up to receive newsletters)
Maps of all oil and gas operations including inspection data can be found below.
The City and County of Broomfield is committed to providing responsive and effective leadership by supporting open, transparent and accountable government. Please use the following links for updated operational information.
- Oil & Gas questions and public notices Dashboard
- Register for CodeRED alerts
- Review frequently asked questions
- Filing Comments on State oil & gas permits
- View previously submitted concerns
State Agencies with Jurisdiction
- Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
- COGCC Complaint Filing
- Colorado Department of Public Health & the Environment - Oil & Gas and Your Health. Health concern data by zip code.
Note The Local Government Designee is notified by the State anytime a permit for oil and gas activity is requested within the City and County of Broomfield.