Mayor Randy Ahrens
About the Mayor
The mayor was elected at large in 2013. He was re-elected in 2015. His current term ends in November of 2017. His parents moved to Broomfield in 1966. After college and spending six years in the oil and gas industry he moved his family back to Broomfield in 1986. He is married to Wendy Ahrens and has three grown daughters, Ashley Luman, Amy Ahrens and Jordon Felker.
He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering at Colorado State University. He minored in Math and History
Occupation and Experience
He is the owner of Frontier Components since 1991, and Director at Fore Investments, LLC.
Prior Community Service
- City Council Member and Mayor Pro-Tem from 2001-2009
- Birch Elementary chairman of School Improvement Team (SIT) from 1997-2000
- Committee for Better Local Government / Campaigned successfully to create the City and County status in 1998
- Broomfield Chamber of Commerce /Chairman 2011/Member since 2001
- Broomfield Thursday Evening Rotary Club, Director from 2011-13
- Legacy Committee member for Broomfield Community Foundation
- Dancing with the Broomfield Stars with Danse Etoile 2011 performer
- Broomfield Open Space Foundation
- Relay for Life team captain for the American Cancer Society since 2002
- Cofounder of Lifetimes Cancer Support Group in 2002
- Blast soccer coach 1998-2000
- Parks and Recreation softball coach 1995-98
- Regional Air Quality Council from 2002-2007, appointed by Governor Bill Owens
Golf, Biking, Fishing, Walking/Hiking, Committee Meetings, Collecting/Antiquing
Philosophy of Local Government
Our Government is related directly to the U.S. Constitution and we have graciously sworn our allegiance to upholding the guiding principles created by our illustrious forefathers. It is a privilege and an honor to serve the community where I grew up and it has significantly shaped my ideals and ethics. Therefore, the passion for the well being of Broomfield citizens will always guide my decisions to maintain a safe environment and promote fiscal responsibility.