Broomfield Maker Programs
Discovery Lab: Open Craft Studio -Tuesday, May 2 and Thursday, May 4 from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Open to ages 9-14. Join us for fun, drop-in style workshops. Registration is NOT required. Just stop by anytime during the hour of class (while supplies last; first come, first served). Meets in the Science Center.
- Sharpie Mugs- Personalize a mug with Sharpies. May 2 & 4 from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Maker in Residence: Shirlee MiyakeWednesday, August 2 from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Friday, August 4 from 10:00-1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 8 from 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 10 from 11:00-2:00 p.m.
Shirlee Miyake creates stunning mixed media art. For these sessions, she will help you design, create, and build a baby dragon sculpture out of paper mache. Our dragon will live in the Discovery Lab for you to see whenever you visit!
ALL ages are welcome. Drop-in; no registration.
3D Printing Requests
How it works
To 3D print an object at the library you can either sign up for a one-on-one session with a library staff member or submit a file and pick up your object at the reference desk when it is ready.
First you will need an object you would like to print. You can create an object using 3D modeling software (we recommend Tinkercad for beginners) or download an object from a site like Thingiverse.
Second you will need to submit a request form.
Fill out the form and a staff member will review your request and contact you within one week to discuss any details or scheduling regarding your print job.
Once the print is completed, you will be contacted again to collect your print at the reference desk. Please be aware that prints are not always successful.
- All print jobs must be limited to a 1 hour print time. If your object is large, this may require re-sizing your object or breaking it into multiple parts.
- You are limited to submitting two print jobs per month.
- All objects will be printed in PLA (Polylactic Acid) which is a biodegradable plastic made from corn. (Note: this plastic is not considered food-safe).
- We cannot offer color selection at this time. All prints will be in the color of filament currently being used by the library.
- You must be over 12 years of age to schedule a one-on-one appointment. Anyone younger than 12 years old will need to be accompanied by an adult.
- The library has the right to refuse any print requests and the printer may not be used to create any objects which violate laws, were designed with the intent to harm, are obscene, or violate another’s intellectual property rights in any way.