The Broomfield Library's Experience Passes provide free access to explore cultural and recreational institutions in the Front Range.
New Information about our Experience Passes:
- Registration processes vary by institution & additional registration steps for timed entry may be required. See reservation information below.
- Please contact each institution for up-to-date COVID-19 guidelines and operating hours.
Explore our different passes:Butterfly Pavilion (pass allows entry for 4 people)
- Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.; entry is timed in 20 minute blocks.
- Pass good for free general admission for up to 4 people.
- Visit butterflies.org for up-to-date COVID-19 guidelines and hours.
- Create a reservation through the library reservation system for the Butterfly Pavilion and make sure to receive an email confirmation before contacting the Butterfly Pavilion for timed entry tickets.
- Call Butterfly Pavilion 303-469-7660 during business hours of 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. to reserve a timed entry ticket for the date you reserved in the library reservation system.
- Time slots may be sold out. If the Butterfly Pavilion time slots are sold out for the day you reserved your Experience Pass through the library reservation system, please contact the library to have your date switched.
- The pass is only valid for the date listed on the Experience Pass.
- Tickets are available to reserve online two weeks at a time; tickets are non-transferable to another time slot.
- Tickets are available on a first come, first serve basis for all members and guests.
- Pass must be presented at the front desk during check-in.
- This is a physical pass and the backpack must be picked-up at the library.
- Visit cpw.state.co.us for up-to-date COVID-19 guidelines and hours.
- Open the library reservation system to view which days are available and reserve your preferred day.
- Bring your confirmation to the library circulation desk.
- The Colorado Parks & Wildlife pass is a physical pass, checks out for one week, and must be picked up and returned at the Broomfield Library
- Pass is only good for day of reservation and can be used at either the York Street or Chatfield Farms locations.
- Visit botanicgardens.org for up-to-date COVID-19 guidelines and hours.
- Open the library reservation system to view which days are available, but do not reserve any spots and do not close out the system until you have called the number below. Please note you only book the day, not your time in the library system.
- Call 720-865-3500 to request a date and time using the Broomfield Library Experience Pass. Please use this calendar to view DBG’s ticket availability.
- Once reserved over the phone, reserve your date (not the time) through the library reservation system.
- Pass (print or digital) must be presented at Visitor Services at your reserved time.
- Timed entry in 20 minute blocks; entry is first come, first serve for library patrons.
- Visit dmns.org for up-to-date COVID-19 guidelines and hours. The City & County of Denver has a face covering order in place for all indoor public spaces. All guests ages 3 and older are required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth at all times while visiting the Museum.
- Make a reservation through the library reservation system. Please keep in mind that DMNS is only providing tickets for dates 2 weeks in advance.
- Call 303.370.6306 to secure a timed ticket for DMNS entry.
- Time slots may be sold out. If the DMNS time slots are sold out for the day you reserved your Experience Pass through the library reservation system, please contact the library to have your date switched.
- Pass (print or digital) must be presented for entry.
Requirements for use:
- Must be 18 or older (passes will not check out to library cards of minors).
- Reservations for each institution are limited to one-time use per card, per year (365 days).
- Maximum number of reservations per day, per card is 3.
- Downloadable passes are good only for the date of reservation.
- The Colorado Parks & Wildlife pass is a physical pass, checks out for one week, and must be picked up and returned at the Broomfield Library. Reservations for this pass must be made with the "Reserve Your Pass Here" link.
- Checkout period for Colorado Parks & Wildlife pass starts on the first day of the reservation despite when in the reservation period it is picked up from the library.
Picking up the Colorado Parks & Wildlife physical pass:
It is required that you have the reservation confirmation to pick up a physical pass. If you entered a valid email address, a copy of the confirmation was emailed to you. If you do not have the ability to print, you can save your confirmation on your mobile device and use that as proof of reservation to pick up the physical pass.
How to print downloadable passes:
If you did not receive an email confirmation with the pass or lost the email, you can retrieve your reservations through the booking site with your library card number. Enter your card number in the top right corner (see image below) and you will be able to see your list of reservations from which you can either print your pass or your confirmation. Unless otherwise noted in the reservation information document, downloadable passes may be presented at the museum on a mobile device.
Cancelling and re-reserving a pass:
Patrons can cancel an Experience Pass reservation by calling the Library at 720.887.2350 or 720.887.2301. If the reservation is timed entry, please also call the institution to cancel your reservation. Reservations can be cancelled before or on the day of the reservation, except for the Colorado Parks & Wildlife pass. The Colorado Parks & Wildlife pass must be cancelled ahead of the reservation date. Once a reservation has been cancelled, patrons can re-reserve the pass without reaching their one pass, per institution, per year limit.
Downloadable passes do not need to be returned; they are only good for the date on the pass.
For physical passes, please be courteous to the next patron by returning the pass by its due date.
Lost physical passes (not applicable for downloadable passes):
If the pass is lost, a fee of $10 will be assessed. Loss of the Colorado Parks & Wildlife pass pack will require replacement fees for the individual items in the pack.
Can I make reservations with my temporary library card?
No, temporary library cards are unable to make reservations for Experience Passes. To gain access, please stop by the library to verify your library card.