Housing Advisory Committee
- 11:00 -2:00 p.m.
- Second Monday of each month, generally
- George Di Ciero City and County Building
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Meeting Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes | View Archives
The committee consists of seven appointed members and two City Councilmembers. Each member serves initial terms until March 2018. Subsequently, four members will serve a one-year term and three members will serve two-year terms.
Current members are:
| Anthony Kassel (Chair)
| Allison Daley
|Jack Devereaux|| March 2020
|Linda Fahrenbruch|| March 2020
|Alan Feinstein||March 2022|
|David Manley|| March 2020
|Robert Munroe|| March 2022
|Deysi Neidig, Alternate|| March 2020
| Councilmember Sharon Tessier
|Councilmember Elizabeth Law-Evans|
The principal role of the Housing Advisory Committee is to present research findings and make recommendations to the City Council for further study or action. No final
The roles and responsibilities of this committee include:
- Research, review, and summarize for City Council activities and case histories of Broomfield affordable housing development and other front range housing projects.
- Research and summarize for City Council an assessment of housing needs in Broomfield, which would be updated annually, which includes identifying populations underserved, the types and price points of housing needed, etc.
- Research, develop, and recommend to City Council goals and objectives for the Broomfield Housing Authority (BHA) programs, including numeric targets.
- Review housing projects brought to the City and County of Broomfield –
adviseon ways to create affordable options within those project designs, such as:fee waivers, zoning changes, Public Land Dedication exchange, etc.
- Review possible projects presented to the BHA as partnerships, for feasibility and to make recommendations to City Council.
- Review the budget and annual plans of the BHA and make recommendations.
for continued collaboration with the Broomfield Housing Opportunity Coalition. opportunity
- Review and recommend opportunities for cooperation with other City and County departments and non-profits to provide housing supportive services, when appropriate, to Broomfield residents.
- Other items as requested by City Council.