Starting June 1, 2021 the following services offered by the Paul Derda Recreation Center and Broomfield Community Center will be available by drop-in, appointment, or both. See available hours of operation.
- Drop-In Only:
- Cardio & Weight Rooms
- Aquatics activities/amenities available for drop-in
- Requires Appointment:
- Child Sitting, Fitness Classes, the Broomfield Bay, Family Swim & Lakeshore Lunch
- Appointment or Drop-In:
- Lap Swim
Please note, many city and county services are also available online via self-service, or over the phone. Learn more about the reopening of City and County of Broomfield Services.
- Passes & Fees
- Programs & Register
- Parties & Groups
- Child Sitting
- Safety Checks
- Free Wireless Internet Connection
- Indoor Aquatic Park (Pool area closes 30 minutes prior to the building's closing time.)
- 88-degree water
- depths: 0 to 5 feet
- Inner Tube Slide
- Body Slide
- Butterfly Toddler Slide
- Lazy River
- Family Spa (98-degree water)
- Adult Spa (101-degree water)
- Outdoor Patio and Outdoor Interactive “Spray-ground.”
- 6 family "cabanas" for changing
- 3-lane 25 yard lap pool
- Wide range of aquatic programming
- John Ferraro Gymnasium, with two full-court gymnasiums (Gym Schedule)
- Indoor Track (11 laps = 1 mile)
- Bob Prince Gymnastics Center
- 7,500 square feet of carpet
- Competition spring floor exercise area
- In ground tumble track
- Extra uneven bars and stations
- Large balance beam area
- Pre-school area with lots of equipment
- Large pit with a single bar, slide, zip line and more!
- All boys apparatus
- Various levels of Gymnastic Instruction
- Cardio Areas
- Nine televisions and Cardio Theater on most machines
- Over 50 pieces of cardio equipment:
- Treadmills, Arc Trainers, recumbent and upright bikes, stairmasters, ellipticals, rowing machines, Spin bikes
- 3,018 Square feet Strength Training Area
- 18-station Cybex Selectorized Circuit Equipment
- Seven Plate-loaded Pieces
- Benches and Free weights
- Two Fitness Rooms
- Kid's Zone with Indoor playground (Drop in charge may apply. Please see the facility fees for more information.)
- Licensed Preschool
- Child-Sitting Facility
- Two Fitness Studios
- Fitness Class Schedule
- Facility Fees
- Annual Pass
- Family Pass
- Verification of Residency
- Drop-In Facility Use
- and more...
Check out programs and register online at B-REx.com
Parties and Groups at the Paul Derda Recreation Center
To reserve a room at the Paul Derda Recreation Center, please submit a permit request for
B-REx.com (Click on Facilities and select Birthday Party under Reserve.. For school groups, please submit the form below under Groups.
Reservations are taken first come first serve. Please allow 72 business hours for processing. Questions may be directed to the Broomfield Reservation Line at 303.464.5509. We request at least two weeks notice for reservations and
Parties at PDRC
Celebrate your birthday at the Paul Derda Recreation Center and take advantage of one of our party packages which include
- Indoor Aquatic Park with
innertube and body slides, waterfalls, and interactive play structure.
- Indoor Playground (for kids 7 and younger) where kids feel like they’re in a friendly forest.
- Gymnasium for basketball.
Basic Party Packages
Broomfield County residents who wish to book a birthday party must have a current Resident ID Card. Please see Passes and Fees for a description on how to obtain one.
Family Rec Pass holders get a 20% discount on their Basic Party Package Rental. Individual Rec Pass holders get a 10% discount on their Basic Party Package Rental.* The rental includes all guests - adults and children.
|Number of Guests
||Broomfield County Resident
|Up to 15 guests
|Up to 25 guests
|Up to 50 guests
*Discounts on parties only available when
** Includes larger party room to accommodate all of your guests
***Resident rates can only be obtained by having a valid Resident Recreation ID card. Please see Passes and Fees for details
Tumble & Play Party - Basic Party Package + $75.00
Includes 1 hour in our Gymnastics Center with an inflatable party room for 2 hours, and use of
Daycares, school groups or other organized groups of 10 or more paying individuals can receive an approximate 10% discount off the appropriate daily fee by making a group reservation in advance. To reserve a group, return the completed Group Reservation Request and Confirmation to the Paul Derda Recreation Center, Efax it to 303-410-3819, or email it to PDRCrental@broomfield.org. Please note, there are a limited number of groups are allowed each day. Requests are processed in the order they are received and booked based on availability. Reservation is not final until you have received confirmation from Broomfield Recreation Services.
Paul Derda Recreation Center Food Policy
Please do not bring full meals to the recreation center unless you have a room reservation. Cake, ice cream, cupcakes, pizza, party subs
Paul Derda Recreation Center Pool Safety Checks
On weekends, holidays and no-school days, we will clear the pool for a 20-minute safety check at 3 p.m.
Adults, 18 and older, will be allowed to swim in the pool during this time, as well as any programmed swimming lessons. All other patrons will need to exit the pool during the safety check.
All slides and features and the family hot tub will be closed and turned off during the safety check. The outdoor spray ground and adults only hot tub will remain open.
During the safety check, it is important for children to check in with groups or family members, hydrate, go to the bathroom, and take a much-needed rest. Staff will be performing safety checks on the pool and pool equipment. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance with keeping our pool and patrons safe!