The Paul Derda Recreation Center and Broomfield Community Center are now at Level Blue as of February 22.
Broomfield’s COVID-19 Dial framework metrics have met the threshold for “Level Blue: Cautious” on the Dial, and as such, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) has moved Broomfield to “Level Blue: Cautious” effective today, Feb. 22.
This move to a less restrictive level on the statewide COVID-19 Dial is a result of the ongoing commitment of the community to practice the 4Ws (Wear your mask, Watch your distance, Wash your hands, and Wait on gatherings). This is a great accomplishment by our community, and Broomfield needs to stay committed to these preventative measures in order to stay in “Level Blue: Cautious” and keep Broomfield open.
What does this mean for the Paul Derda Recreation Center and Broomfield Community Center?
- Membership Pass Scanning is now a part of the check-in process.
- Need a key fob? Stop by the front desk, a clerk will be happy to take care of you!
- Cardio/Weight Room, Group Fitness Classes, Healthy Heart, and Gymnasium Appointments for Monday, March 1 - Sunday, March 21 will be available tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 26, at noon at B-REx.com.
- Aquatic Appointments for next week will be available at 5pm today.
- Child Watch is now available at the Broomfield Community Center, Monday - Friday, 8 - 10:30 a.m. Appointments are required at B-REx.com.
- The facilities will continue to operate at 50% or 50 people per room, whichever is fewer.
- Appointment time blocks will remain the same to accommodate our users and maintain our cleaning procedures.
- The All Facility Pass is good at both the Paul Derda Recreation Center and Broomfield Community Center.
- Check B-REx.com for program and appointment offerings.
- If you have been exposed, tested positive within the past 14 days, are waiting on test results, or are exhibiting any of the COVID symptoms please stay home.
*** Not going to be able to keep your scheduled appointment? Please go online, or call the front desk at 303.460.6900 or 303.464.5500, to cancel. We appreciate you cancelling so other community members may get into the facility.
- Passes & Fees
- Programs & Register
- Parties & Groups
- Child Sitting
- Safety Checks
Phase One Plan for Training Use - Paul Derda Swimming Pool:
Paul Derda Recreation Center Pool is pleased to announce that we will be opening the pool for Private Personal Training Swim Sessions for citizens 13 and over. There will be a maximum of 3 participants in the pool at a time, one in each lap lane. Pool temperature will be set at 82 degrees designed with lap swimming and exercise in mind.
All registration for swim sessions will be through B-REx.com. Registration will not be available until 9:00am on Tuesday, May 26th. Refunds will not be issued due to no shows or cancellations of personal training/swim sessions. Credits will be applied to accounts for appointments cancelled 24 hours in advance. If you need assistance with registering, please contact .
You may register for up to two time slots per week, one time slot per day. We will allow registration one week at a time. Please be patient, flexible, and mindful of an anticipated high demand on pool personal training sessions with relatively few slots available due to public health restrictions.
Pool and Facility Protocols:
13201 Lowell Blvd.
Broomfield, CO 80020
- Free Wireless Internet Connection
- Indoor Aquatic Park (Pool area closes 30 minutes prior to the building's closing time.)
- 88-degree water
- depths: 0 to 5 feet
- Inner Tube Slide
- Body Slide
- Butterfly Toddler Slide
- Lazy River
- Family Spa (98-degree water)
- Adult Spa (101-degree water)
- Outdoor Patio and Outdoor Interactive “Spray-ground.”
- 6 family "cabanas" for changing
- 3-lane 25 yard lap pool
- Wide range of aquatic programming
- John Ferraro Gymnasium, with two full-court gymnasiums
- Indoor Track (11 laps = 1 mile)
- Bob Prince Gymnastics Center
- 7,500 square feet of carpet
- Competition spring floor exercise area
- In ground tumble track
- Extra uneven bars and stations
- Large balance beam area
- Pre-school area with lots of equipment
- Large pit with a single bar, slide, zip line and more!
- All boys apparatus
- Various levels of Gymnastic Instruction
- Cardio Areas
- Nine televisions and Cardio Theater on most machines
- Over 50 pieces of cardio equipment:
- Treadmills, Arc Trainers, recumbent and upright bikes, stairmasters, ellipticals, rowing machines, Spin bikes
- 3,018 Square feet Strength Training Area
- 18-station Cybex Selectorized Circuit Equipment
- Seven Plate-loaded Pieces
- Benches and Free weights
- Two Fitness Rooms
- Kid's Zone with Indoor playground (Drop in charge may apply. Please see the facility fees for more information.)
- Licensed Preschool
- Child-Sitting Facility
- Two Fitness Studios
- Fitness Class Schedule
- Facility Fees
- Annual Pass
- Family Pass
- Verification of Residency
- Drop-In Facility Use
- and more...
Check out programs and register online at B-REx.com
Parties and Groups at the Paul Derda Recreation Center
To reserve a room at the Paul Derda Recreation Center, please submit a permit request for
B-REx.com (click on reserve, select a category, and filter by the desired date). For school groups, please submit the form below under Groups.
Reservations are taken first come first serve. Please allow 72 business hours for processing. Questions may be directed to the Broomfield Reservation Line at 303.464.5509. We request at least two weeks notice for reservations and
Parties at PDRC
Celebrate your birthday at the Paul Derda Recreation Center and take advantage of one of our party packages which include
- Indoor Aquatic Park with
innertube and body slides, waterfalls, and interactive play structure.
- Indoor Playground (for kids 7 and younger) where kids feel like they’re in a friendly forest.
- Gymnasium for basketball.
Basic Party Packages
Broomfield County residents who wish to book a birthday party must have a current Resident ID Card. Please see Passes and Fees for a description on how to obtain one.
Family Rec Pass holders get a 20% discount on their Basic Party Package Rental. Individual Rec Pass holders get a 10% discount on their Basic Party Package Rental.* The rental includes all guests - adults and children.
|Number of Guests
||Broomfield County Resident
|Up to 15 guests
|Up to 25 guests
|Up to 50 guests
*Discounts on parties only available when
** Includes larger party room to accommodate all of your guests
***Resident rates can only be obtained by having a valid Resident Recreation ID card. Please see Passes and Fees for details
Tumble & Play Party - Basic Party Package + $75.00
Includes 1 hour in our Gymnastics Center with an inflatable party room for 2 hours, and use of
Daycares, school groups or other organized groups of 10 or more paying individuals can receive an approximate 10% discount off the appropriate daily fee by making a group reservation in advance. To reserve a group, return the completed Group Reservation Request and Confirmation to the Paul Derda Recreation Center, Efax it to 303-410-3819, or email it to PDRCrental@broomfield.org. Please note, there are a limited number of groups are allowed each day. Requests are processed in the order they are received and booked based on availability. Reservation is not final until you have received confirmation from Broomfield Recreation Services.
Paul Derda Recreation Center Food Policy
Please do not bring full meals to the recreation center unless you have a room reservation. Cake, ice cream, cupcakes, pizza, party subs
Paul Derda Recreation Center Pool Safety Checks
On weekends, holidays and no-school days, we will clear the pool for a 20-minute safety check at 3 p.m.
Adults, 18 and older, will be allowed to swim in the pool during this time, as well as any programmed swimming lessons. All other patrons will need to exit the pool during the safety check.
All slides and features and the family hot tub will be closed and turned off during the safety check. The outdoor spray ground and adults only hot tub will remain open.
During the safety check, it is important for children to check in with groups or family members, hydrate, go to the bathroom, and take a much-needed rest. Staff will be performing safety checks on the pool and pool equipment. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance with keeping our pool and patrons safe!