Policies and Regulations
The City and County of Broomfield does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the provision of services. Anyone needing reasonable accommodation to attend or participate in a City program, service, or activity, is asked to call the department hosting the program as far in advance of the scheduled event as possible. We would appreciate at least three weeks’ notice.
Private Use of Public Facilities
The City and County of Broomfield has a paramount concern for public safety. In order to ensure the safety of our patrons and to minimize risks and liability, only employees of the City and County of Broomfield are authorized to provide personal training or any type of instruction on the premises of any facilities operated by the City and County of Broomfield.
Administrative Policies and Procedures
Access the City and County of Broomfield's governing guidelines and commonly used administrative policies and procedures that apply to all employees and operations.
General Registration Policies
- Class dates and times may change. Please call us or check the website for the most current information.
- A “resident” is a person who permanently lives or works within the City and County limits of Broomfield. Only the employed individual has resident status; other family members are non-residents.
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- Utilize the waitlist process whenever possible. Individuals on the waitlist will be contacted if spots become available and given first priority to added classes.
- All classes are subject to cancellation if the minimum enrollment is not met two business days prior to the first day of class.
- Please call 303.464.5500 or 303.460.6900 for questions concerning policies, classes, registration, residency, etc.
- If you see a class offered in the brochure and would like to participate but need assistance, please let us know. A minimum of three weeks is needed to allow us time to provide support you need to attend that class.
- Full refunds are issued only if the class is cancelled by Recreation Services, or a proven hardship with the approval of the Director. The City and County policy does not allow cash refunds.
- Administrative fees and any applicable cancellation fees will be assessed on any refund initiated by the participant.
- Refunds requested by the participant after the session has started are prorated.
- A customer may request a CUSTOMER CREDIT for cancelled classes or if they must withdraw from a class. This credit will be retained on your account for two years.
- Credits will not be assessed an additional administrative fee at the time of withdrawal, however some cancellation fees may apply depending on the program or pass.
- If the customer requests a check or credit card refund of an account credit, a $10 administrative fee will be assessed.
- Credits requested AFTER the program has begun will be prorated.
- This policy does not apply to trips.
- Participants are added to a waitlist anytime they are unable to register for their first program choice.
- When a space becomes available in a class, the first resident participant on the waitlist is contacted. Once all residents on waitlist have been contacted, non–residents will be contacted.
- The participant is called and informed that they have a space in a specific class. A message will be left if no one answers.
- The participant has three days from the initial call to reply and pay for the space. You may pay for the space over the phone with a Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express card.
- If the Recreation Center does not hear back from the participant within the three days, the participant is removed from the waitlist and loses their ability to register for this program.
City and County Ordinance #89
Any participant whose check is returned due to “Non-Sufficient Funds” (NSF) or “Uncollected Funds” will be charged a $20 NSF fee. It is the policy of the City and County of Broomfield to submit a check once for payment. The NSF fee and the check reimbursement must be paid in cash or money order within 10 days of notification to avoid withdrawal from program or membership.