Verification of Residency

Who Qualifies for a Resident Rate?
Any person owning taxable real or personal property or permanently residing within the City and County of Broomfield and can show verification.

How Do I Prove My Residency?
Those who wish to purchase any RESIDENT card or pass are required to show a photo ID and two of the following documents with a correct name, current date and current Broomfield address to verify residency to a Recreation Services employee at the Paul Derda Rec or the Broomfield Community Center. 
  • Utility bill (phone or water bill)
  • Car registration
  • Voter registration card
  • Statement from major creditor
  • Recent Broomfield County tax notice
  • Rental contract/mortgage statement
If you work in Broomfield, you are eligible to receive the Resident Rate by showing proof of employment at a Broomfield business. Please note this resident status is for the employee only and entitles the employee to receive resident rates for admissions, passes, punch cards and recreation programs but is not applicable toward facility rentals. Other family members do not qualify for resident rates/status. The following proof of employment must be presented to receive the resident rates:
  • A Photo ID and one of the following:
  • Recent Pay stub showing name and address of company or
  • Letter from employer on business letterhead (business cards are not accepted)
If you are not sure whether you live within the Broomfield City and County Limits, please check your tax notice or contact Broomfield Recreation staff at 303.460.6900 or 303.464.5500 or send an email to