- Connect with City Council
- City Council
- Council Members
- Mayor Guyleen Castriotta
Mayor Guyleen Castriotta
First elected in 2017 to represent Ward 5, Guyleen was then unanimously appointed to Mayor Pro Tem in 2019. When former Mayor Quinn resigned in May 2021, Guyleen was selected by her peers on Council to fill the Mayor vacancy through the 2021 election. Guyleen was elected Mayor in November 2021, and her public service record is a strong testament to dedicated, thoughtful, and persistent advocacy on critical issues.
Guyleen has been a fierce advocate for public health and safety and our underserved communities. By staying true to her beliefs and her constituents, she’s built an impressive track record of progressive advocacy, successful initiatives, and responsible governance.
Serving as Co-Chair for CCAT (Counties and Commissioners Acting Together), Guyleen forged strong regional relationships to ensure Broomfield has a seat at the table on issues of statewide concern including fiscal reform. She is a strong and effective voice on regional housing and environmental issues.
Her professional life includes more than 15 years of experience working with local news and national media networks in marketing and communications. She has worked on health and safety initiatives; protecting our open space and promoting equity and inclusion for all of our residents.
Guyleen has served or is currently serving on:
- Health and Human Services Advisory Committee
- Mile High Flood District Board of Directors
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee
- County Commissioners Acting Together (CCAT) former Co-Chair
- DRCog Regional Transportation Board
- Open Space and Trails Committee
- Local Licensing Authority
- Colorado Counties, Inc. (CCI)
- Metro Area County Commissioners (MACC)
- Highway 7 Coalition
- Broomfield Building Corporation Board of Directors
- Metro Mayors Caucus
- North Area Transportation Alliance (NATA)
- Northwest Mayors & Commissioners Coalition Meeting (NW MCC)
- Northwest Parkway Public Highway Authority Board of Directors
- One Book, One Broomfield
- Broomfield-Westminster Open Space Foundation Board
- Colorado State Board of Health
Guyleen is a proud member of Broomfield’s 100 Women Who Care and the Women’s Guild for A Precious Child. She formerly served as Vice President of the Board of Directors for Broomfield Early Childhood Council and was a team champion fundraiser for Broomfield FISH.
Guyleen lives with her wife, Carolyn, in the Broadlands along with her 94-year old mother-in-law. In her free time, she enjoys music, Pilates, paddle boarding, and taking advantage of all the amazing things Broomfield has to offer.