Youth/Teen Camps and Programs

2019 Summer Camp Registration:

PLEASE NOTE: The 2019 registration process has been updated. Residents will be able to pay the $55 fee AND register for summer camps starting  February 19, 2019 at 7 a.m. for residents and February 26, 2019 at 7 a.m. for non-residents on

There will be a $55.00 registration fee for each child, this fee includes the cost of two T-shirts. Registration fee payable on the day of registration. 

Important Information:

The Youth and Teen Programs send out newsletters to update families on ongoing information and dates. If you are registering for Youth and Teen programs, you will need to sign up to receive the newsletters.

Youth & Teen News Letter Sign Up 

Important Documents:

For information or to register:  Visit

For instructions on how to complete registration in BREx please Click Here.

Contact Us

  1. camp explorer
    Jenna Crowe
    Recreation Specialist-Youth and Teen
    Office: 303.464.5541

    Beverly Burbach

    Recreation Specialist-Youth and Teen

    Office: 303.460.6941

    Kim Evelsizer

    Recreation Supervisor

    Office: 303.460.6911

    Camp Explorer Tax ID: 


  1. Camp Explorer
  2. School's Out
  3. Spring Break
  4. Fall Break
  5. Winter Break
  6. Extreme Camp
  7. Young Leaders Program
  8. Tax Statements

2019 Summer Camp Explorer

Registration for 2019 Summer will begin February 19, 2019, for Residents and February 26, 2019, for Non Residents.   

Click Here for camp dates and times!

Crestone & Pikes Summer Trip Calendar

Quandary & Torrey's Summer Trip Calendar 

Outdoor Camp Trip Calendar

Camp FAQs here:

Where do I sign up for Camp Explorer?

  • Registration for Camp Explorer programs can be done online at 
  • You will need to login or create an account in B-Rex prior to registering for camp.
  • Registration is required in order to be able to register for any weeks of Camp Explorer.   
  • Registration does NOT sign your child up for Camp Explorer.

Does Camp Explore take CCAP funding?

Can I get my child on a waitlist?

  • Yes! We encourage you to get on the waitlist if a particular day or week is listed as full.     
  • Families on the waitlist will be notified as soon as a spot opens up on a first come-first served basis.

What is Post Camp?

  • Post Camp is field trip only days based out of Paul Derda Rec Center.  
  • These days are "register by day" only and are separate from regular camp weeks.   
  • Space is extremely limited for both Post camps, so sign up early!

Will a camp schedule be available?

  • Yes!  A camp schedule will be made available.  
  • Please note the schedule provided is tentative and subject to change.

Can I sign up for different options every week?

  • Yes! You can choose one of three options each week:   
  • Tu/Thu  
  • M/W/F
  • Mon-Fri

Can I sign up for one day at a time?

  • We are no longer able to accept single day registrations for Camp Explorer. Parents must choose one of the three available options.

Where is camp?  What about Post Camp? 

  • Camp Explorer is based out of Broomfield Heights Middle School.  Unless otherwise informed, all drop-off and pickups will take place at the school. 
  • Post Camp will be located at Paul Derda Recreation Center.

When is Camp Explorer registration opening?

  • 2019 registration will begin in February of 2019!

Does camp fill up quickly? 

  • Camp does tend to fill quickly.  However, we encourage anyone who was not able to secure a spot in camp to register for our wait list as we do have cancellations. 

Is a sibling discount offered?

  • At this time, no sibling discount is available. 

What is CampDocs? 

  • CampDocs is a secure server where your camper’s information will be stored for access by our program directors and coordinators.  Your camper’s profile in CampDocs will need to be completed 2 weeks before the first day of participation.    

What are the program hours for camp? 

  • Camp hours are 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.  Drop off for camp is between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.  Pick up time is between 4-6 p.m.

What questions do you have? Please submit your questions here so we can add more to this FAQs page.

Medication Administration Permission
Severe Allergy Action Plan
Inhaled Medication Permission