In October 2018, Broomfield contracted with DNV GL USA (DNV-GL) to conduct a risk assessment of Extraction’s well sites:
- To identify risks and mitigation measures associated with those risks and to qualitatively evaluate the risks;
- To identify risks associated with recent oil and gas incidents in other parts of Colorado and any additional mitigation measures;
- To own a professional third party risk assessment associated with a new oil and gas development to use further in policy efforts; and
- To identify other mitigation measures that should be added to Broomfield’s regulations.
Extraction's Pipeline Risk Analysis is linked here
On February 19, 2019, Council held a Study Session to discuss the DNV-GL Risk Assessment. The memo for that meeting, including the full Risk Assessment Report, can be viewed here. At the February study session, council requested that DNV-GL address numerous questions in writing. The questions and written responses from DNV-GL can be viewed here.
On March 22, 2019, a Community Meeting to discuss the DNV-GL risk assessment was held. The video of the Community Meeting and the presentation from DNV-GL can be viewed here.
Emergency Preparedness Presentation
- Click here to view the presentation
- Click here to register cell phones or VoIP system phones for emergency notifications. (Current vendor is CodeRED®) This system is similar to Reverse 911.
- Click here to view the Citizens' Preparedness Gude.