Join Our Team
The Broomfield Police Department is a community oriented policing department. The staff of 241.85 full-time equivalent employees support our Mission Statement, Vision, and Organizational Values. The Department has 181 certified police officers and 60.85 civilian employees. Officers are encouraged to become involved in working with the community and developing creative responses to neighborhood problems.
For more detailed information on the Department and recruitment process please see frequently asked questions.
Minimum General Requirements for Police Officer Position (Patrol and Detention)
- Must be 21 years of age by hire date
- Must be authorized to work within the United States (Applicants from outside of the U.S. must contact the U.S. Immigration Service for a work permit; U.S. citizenship is not a requirement)
- Must have or obtain a valid Colorado driver's license with a safe driving record by date of hire
Minimum Education/P.O.S.T. Requirements for Patrol Officer
- Must possess current, valid Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certification or ability to obtain by date of hire; and meet one of the following requirements:
- 60 semester hours (Bachelors preferred). Semester hours must be earned from a North Central Association of Colleges and Schools accredited college or university or from an equivalent regional accrediting association
- 2 years relevant law enforcement experience and 30 semester hours
- 4 years relevant law enforcement experience in patrol related duties and a high school diploma or GED
- 2 years active military service
Minimum Education/Background Requirements for Police Officer-Detention
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; college is not required, but preferred
- No felony conviction(s) or disqualifying misdemeanor(s)
- P.O.S.T certification is not required
Here at the City and County of Broomfield we welcome diversity and are committed to an inclusive culture. We strive to have our workforce represent many different cultures, viewpoints, and backgrounds where everyone can bring their authentic selves.
For Recruitment-Related Questions (to include salary and benefit information), contact Background Investigator J.R. Duncan at 720.887.2086 or Human Resources Manager Amy Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or information concerning police recruitment, email us.
To view current openings and access application information, please view Employment Opportunities for the City and County of Broomfield. Or complete an employment interest card, and you will be contacted regarding the application process.