Enhance Broomfield provides grant funding to businesses who want to expand capacity of existing operations, facilitate the creation of jobs and invest in the long-term sustainability and vitality of their business. The program has now awarded over $325,000 to small businesses across Broomfield since 2022! A full list of Enhance Broomfield awards from 2022 to the present are available here.
The Enhance Broomfield program applications will reopen April 30, 2023. Applicants are encouraged to read the rules and procedures and contact Economicvitality@broomfield.org, with any questions or assistance.
The intent of the Enhance Broomfield program is to assist new and existing businesses by funding projects that will benefit the residents of the City and County of Broomfield through:
- Remodeling worker or customer spaces to increase capacity or activity
- Architectural services
- Marketing activities
- Working capital which may be utilized for all operating expenses of business including rent and wages
- Purchase or lease of equipment, fixtures and furniture
- Modifications to make the business more competitive/increase business traffic
- Website or app creation/functionality updates to be more competitive/increase sales and traffic
- Loan interest payments for the activities listed above, the interest rate on the loan may not exceed 10% (this rate maximum is subject to change by the City and County of Broomfield based on market rates)
- Expansion of the business to a new location if the new location is within Broomfield.
For 2023 there will be one funding round open from April 30 to June 30, 2023. Submissions will be reviewed during July and August for awards to be announced in September. Applications will be reviewed on a competitive basis, therefore a submitted application does not guarantee an award.
The City and County may award up to 50% of the funds prior to the rounds closure if staff find that a project warrants an earlier release of funds. This would be determined on a case by case basis using the evaluation criteria identified below as well as the timeliness of the project. The City and County may substitute or supplement awards with CDBG or CDBG CV funds depending on the COVID impacts on the business. Applicants awarded with CDBG or CDBG CV funds will have different documentation requirements.
Applications may be evaluated by Broomfield’s Economic Vitality staff for completeness and eligibility. Applications are then reviewed by a committee composed of staff using the scoring methods outlined under “Review & Approval Process” in the Enhance Broomfield Program Rules and Procedures. Following scoring by the committee, the City and County Manager may approve or deny the recommendations made for awards.
To submit an application, applicants will be required to create a Neighborly account using the button below.