The City and County of Broomfield is rapidly growing in the north and in the southwest, as well as redeveloping and densifying in targeted areas throughout the community. Today, to serve Broomfield’s residents there are a number of transit options throughout the city. These include US 36 Bus Rapid transit, fixed-route transit services on major corridors: US 36, US 287, 120th Avenue, Midway Blvd, and others. Broomfield is also served by an on-demand transit service, the Flex Ride, that covers many parts of the community, RTD Access-A-Ride, and the Broomfield Easy Ride which is a transit service operated by Broomfield for older adults and those with disabilities.
Broomfield is currently working with the Regional Transit District, CDOT, and regional municipalities to understand how to optimize the existing transit services and identify where future transit expansion can generate the most positive impact for our citizens.
The transit network includes fixed-route bus service, rail, FlexRide, and human services transportation.
Regional Transportation District (RTD)
The City and County of Broomfield is served by local, regional, and express transit routes operated by the Regional Transportation District (RTD). Local buses serve most park-n-rides. Consider taking the neighborhood bus to the park-n-ride, and connect virtually to any place in the Denver metropolitan area by transit.
U.S. 36 and Broomfield Station & Park-n-Ride - 8010 Transit Way, Broomfield
Wadsworth Parkway and Arista Place near the 1STBANK Center
- 76 - Southwest Plaza via Wadsworth Blvd
- 112 - Melody/106th & FRCC via 112th Ave.
- 120 - Wagon Rd PnR & Brighton via 120th Ave.
- 128 - Wagon Rd PnR via Midway/Westlake/Huron
- 225 - Lafayette/Boulder via US 287 & Baseline
- 228 - Interlocken/Flatiron Crossing/Louisville
U.S. 36 and Flatiron Station Park-n-Ride - 398 East Flatiron Circle, Broomfield
RTD Specialty Services
- RTD Free Travel Training Program is designed for older adults (60+), people with disabilities and others living with mobility limitations to learn how to ride public transit as a way to expand their transportation options and save money. There is no charge for the Travel Training Program. Participants can ride the fixed route and FlexRide buses for free and their Access-a-Ride service will remain unchanged. To learn how to ride transit, please contact RTD Training at 303-299-4144 or TravelTraining@rtd-denver.com
- RTD Access-a-Ride provides transportation to passengers with disabilities who are unable to use fixed route buses and qualify under the guidelines established by the American Disabilities Act (ADA). Call 303-299-6560 for more information.
- RTD Bike-n-Ride program makes it easy to combine transit and bicycling. All buses except the Denver 16th Street Mall shuttles are equipped with bike racks on the front of each bus and welcome on all rail. Bike N Ride secure storage shelters are available at numerous US 36 Bus Rapid Transit Stations, including Downtown Boulder, Table Mesa, McCaslin and coming soon to Broomfield & Sheridan Stations in 2019.
- RTD Seasonal Services
-SkiRide to Eldora Mountain Resort.
- RTD’s SkyRide service for convenient, affordable transportation to Denver International Airport.
For more information, visit RTD-Denver website or call 303-299-6000.
Senior Resources Center
The Senior Resources Center matches volunteer drivers with seniors in need of transportation. Available from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Call to make a reservation 3 to 7 days in advance or become a driver 303-235-6972.
DRMAC - Getting There Guide
The Getting There Guide, produced by the Denver Regional Mobility and Access Council (DRMAC), helps Denver area residents identify a variety of transportation options, including bus, train, biking and walking. The Getting There Guide, available in multiple languages, helps to bridge the transportation gap of local citizens with mobility challenges, helping them live as independently as possible.
Download a PDF or request a free copy to be sent by mail or contact DRMAC to find the nearest location that carries them.