FlexRide Free Fare Summer 2022
Help Broomfield expand transportation options across the city and county for FREE this summer!
Try out the curb-to-curb service this June, July, and August, Monday through Saturday, serving much of southern Broomfield south of 144th Ave., with the goal to work with RTD to expand north based on increased ridership!
Visit RTD FlexRide information at Broomfield.org/FlexRide.
Not served by RTD FlexRide or other RTD routes? Broomfield is interested in your transportation needs. Give your feedback.
What is FlexRide?
FlexRide service, formerly known as Call-N-Ride (the “Little Green Buses”), is a curb to curb service available to Broomfield residents, employees, and visitors. This localized service operates in a specific boundary with no ridership restrictions on age or ability. In fact, youth going to school and community activities is a large demographic of our ridership.
FlexRide is your flexible neighborhood bus to connect to other RTD bus or train services at stations and Park-n-Rides or get direct access to shopping, schools, businesses, recreational centers, libraries, and more.
How to Ride:
Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance and in as little as ten minutes prior to pick-up time, based on availability. Advanced reservations are recommended as space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For timed meets at US 36 Broomfield Station, no reservations are needed – walks up are accepted at the top of the hour 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- For reservations, call 303.299.6000, option 2, to talk to a customer care representative.
- Try the new RTD FlexRide trip planner app. Features Include:
- On-demand ride scheduling
- Schedule by time of pick up or by time of drop off
- Using real-time location services integrates with RTD bus and train schedules
- Responsive maps
How much does FlexRide cost?
A three-hour local pass fare applies to the FlexRide.
- $3.00 fare for adults
- $1.80 for those enrolled in RTD’s LiVE program
- $1.50 discounted fare for older adults over 65, individuals with disabilities
- $0.90 discounted fare for children ages 6-19
- Free for children 5 and under
- Active duty members of the U.S. military ride for free on all RTD services.
- Proof of eligibility is required for all passengers using discounted fare products.
How to Pay:
- Use the RTD mobile ticketing app
- Cash fare, exact change only
- See all fare payment options, including tickets/passes
- More information on discounted fares
Schedule a trip on the Broomfield FlexRide:
Monday - Friday 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday (NEW!) 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- US 36 & Broomfield Station Gate M. Hourly on the :00
Schedule a trip on the Interlocken/Westmoor FlexRide:
Monday - Friday 5:30 a.m. to 7p.m.
- US 36 & Broomfield Station Gate F. Hourly on the :00
Mobile Phone Bookings
To create a shortcut on your mobile device to book trips, follow these directions on how to create a shortcut to mobile booking on your smartphone.