In May 2023, the Clerk and Recorder's Office is launching OpenGov, a digital platform which will consolidate and manage the data from licenses in one centralized system. With OpenGov, users will be able to:
- Apply and pay for licenses online
- Update information directly to their account
- See a simplified process
This project will move to production in three phases.
- Phase one: liquor licenses, special events permits and tobacco licenses.
- Phase two: solicitor and trash and rubbish hauling licenses
- Phase three: short term rentals, commercial kennel, mobile home court, pet shop and route vehicles
All other license types not included in the first three phases will be moved into the new system as part of phase four, expected to begin later in 2023.
City Clerk Licensing Types
- Commercial Kennel
- Any person maintaining or operating a commercial kennel within the City and County of Broomfield must obtain a license from the City Clerk. Residential kennels are not allowed within Broomfield.
- Fireworks Permit
- Any person desiring to conduct a supervised public display of fireworks shall submit an application to the City Clerk for a permit.
- Guard Dog
- Any person placing or maintaining a guard dog for the protection of persons or property within the City and County of Broomfield must obtain a permit from the City Clerk.
- Liquor and Beer
- Liquor information and Application links
- Special Events Permit
- Mobile Home Court
- Any person maintaining or operating a mobile home court with two or more mobile homes within the City and County of Broomfield shall submit an application to the City Clerk for a license.
- Pet Shop
- Any person maintaining or operating a pet shop within the City and County of Broomfield must obtain a license from the City Clerk.
- Route Vehicles
- A Residential Route Delivery license is required of each person who maintains a regularly established route in the City and County of Broomfield.
- Sexually-Oriented Business
- A sexually-oriented business is described as an adult arcade, bookstore, novelty store, video store, cabaret, adult motel, motion picture theater, or nude model studio.
- Short Term Rentals
- A license must be obtained for the rental of all or a portion of a property for less than 30 days.
- Any person going door-to-door to take orders or to sell anything of value within the City and County of Broomfield is required to submit an application to the City Clerk for a license.
- Curb Painting
- A Solicitor License is required for curb painting.
- Handbill Distribution
- Tobacco Licensing
- Effective October 1, 2020, the City and County of Broomfield requires retailers selling tobacco and vape products in Broomfield to apply for a license and pay an annual licensing fee.
- Trash and Rubbish Hauling
- Any person engaging in the business of collecting trash, rubbish, or garbage within the City and County of Broomfield shall submit an application to the City Clerk for a license.
Non-City Clerk Licensing Types
- Mobile Food Vending
- Retail Food License
- Restaurants, catering operations, grocery stores, convenience stores, concession stands, or food trucks must have a retail food license.
- Secure Transportation License