Concealed Permit Renewal


Colorado concealed handgun permits may be renewed up to 120 days before the expiration date. Please allow 60 to 90 days for the process. Expired permits may be renewed within six months of the expiration date with an additional $15 late fee. Permits expired beyond 6 months are not renewable. A new permit is required. 

Those holding current concealed handgun permits through the City and County of Broomfield who have moved to a different county (and do not own property or a business in Broomfield) must renew the permit in their new county of residence. 

If you now live in Broomfield and have an existing permit from another county, you may renew through the City and County of Broomfield with proof of residency.


Please click the following links to download the two forms required for renewals.
Affidavit of Qualification


  • Complete the Handgun Permit Application 
    • Check the renewal box. 
    • Leave the application unsigned. 
    • A Broomfield Police Dept. representative must witness your signature.
  • Present your current concealed handgun permit.
  • Complete the Affidavit of Qualification form with notarized signature (This document needs to be notarized before you renew, the Police Department will not be responsible for notarizing these documents).
  • Colorado ID required 
  • Proof of Broomfield residency (if you are not a Broomfield home/business owner, a lease or notarized letter from the homeowner of landlord is required as proof of residency). 
  • Renewal fee of $63 is required at time of application. 
    • (Check, cashier’s check, money order, cash, or credit card). If the permit has expired, there is an additional $15 late fee. Permits expired beyond six months are not eligible for renewal and a new application is required.


Wednesdays & Thursdays 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Fridays Noon - 4 p.m.
(Closed Weekends & Holidays)
Location: Broomfield Police Department 7 DesCombes Drive, Broomfield, CO 80020
No appointment required

House Bill 14-1166, effective March 14, 2014, governs renewals for concealed handgun permits and requires submission of a renewal permit application to the county sheriff’s office of residence, property ownership, or business ownership.