Broomfield Believes...in our community, in our resiliency, and in a better tomorrow! Share how you are spreading CHEER this holiday season by sharing a photo of you or your family doing any of the 5-steps of Cheer below to be entered to win a $50 Visa Gift Card!
To enter, use #WeAreBroomfield on your photos on social media from Nov. 23- Dec. 23, upload a photo to the form on this page or email your submission to YourBroomfield@Broomfield.org.
Show some CHEER this holiday season and support Broomfield’s recovery by:
- Choosing to buy local - enjoy curbside retail and takeout at our local restaurants and take the Choose Local Challenge below!
- Hanging your holiday lights early to help ‘Light up Broomfield!’ Add your home to the Light Up Broomfield map below.
- Encouraging giving this holiday season - provide a gift for a family in need through a Broomfield non-profit, add a few extra dollars to your next bill to tip to our selfless service workers, or share your time with the gift of volunteering.
- Expressing gratitude to our essential workers that have been working tirelessly through the pandemic - nominate an essential worker to receive a $50 visa gift card below.
- Reigning in Holiday gatherings by interacting only with your household, keeping your 6ft distance, and wearing masks around others. Our individual actions impact the community. Do your part to Stop the Spread of COVID-19.
Take the Choose Local Challenge: Pledge to do one of the following each week as part of the Choose Local Challenge:
- Commit to purchasing 25% of your holiday shopping from local retail - use curbside pickup for convenience and safety!
- Tip up this holiday season; support service industry workers and include a tip even when getting curbside takeout.
- If you can, shop during less busy times. Under current restrictions, all businesses must make changes to keep their doors open- help them out by choosing to shop at less busy times (avoiding after work, or mid-day on Saturdays), or even better, use curbside or delivery services!
- Show some CO pride and share why you #ShopLocalColorado on your social media networks.
- Encourage your networks to Choose Local! Share these graphics on social media, and tag a Broomfield business you could not make it through this pandemic without - whether it is your favorite restaurant, retail shop, or local food truck with feel-good snacks, give them some recognition on social media.
Are you up to the challenge? Click here to tweet that you are taking the Choose Local Challenge, or download graphics to share on your networks to share the Choose Local Challenge and nominate another friend or family member!
- Add your home to the Light Up Broomfield Map.
- Take a holiday-themed cruise around Broomfield with the members of your household while listening to holiday tunes.
- Create some crafternoon fun with a paper bag votive take and make craft kit from the Broomfield Library, available via curbside pickup starting Nov. 30 while supplies last.
- Think green when you are hanging your holiday colors; if you are buying new lights, consider lights with LED bulbs. They use a fraction of the energy of conventional bulbs.
- Did one bulb go out? And now they’re ALL out? If you are trashing old lights, be sure to dispose of them properly (Eco-Cycle's CHARM Facility at 6400 Arapahoe Rd can 'mine' the copper and other metals in the wiring for recycling and reuse. Also, Broomfield has a free e-Waste dropoff event on May 1, 2021).
- Provide a gift for a Broomfield family in need this Christmas through a Precious Child.
- Support Broomfield families through the Refuge (designate “Holiday Help” on your Paypal or check donation).
- Add a few extra dollars to your next bill to tip to our selfless service workers.
- Pledge to support our local non-profits on Colorado Gives Day, December 8.
- Share your time with the gift of volunteering. Here are some services that are looking for your help!
Essential workers have been working tirelessly through the pandemic to keep daily necessities available to us all.
- Show your support by nominating an essential worker to receive a $50 visa gift card. (Please no self-nominations).
- Give an essential worker shout-out!
- Click here to Tweet that you nominated an essential worker (add their Twitter handle!)
- Click here to Tweet share how to nominate an essential worker and say thank you!
- Click here for social media graphics to easily share a "Thank You" on the channel of your choice - be sure to tag an essential worker!
- Share the businesses you could not make it through this pandemic without - whether it is your favorite restaurant, retail shop, or local food truck with feel-good snacks, give them some recognition on social media.
No one wants to spend the holidays without family, but we all want our family to be with us next year to celebrate again. Please take precautions when celebrating the upcoming holidays and follow public health guidance.
- By interacting only with your household, keeping your 6ft distance, washing your hands, and wearing masks around others.
- Keeping it local may be a bummer when you typically travel to see family or friends on holidays but check out how much CO2 you are saving from not hopping on that flight or taking that road trip.
- Did you know that two round-trip flights to California take 0.87 metric tons of CO2?