What is Therapeutic Recreation?
The Therapeutic Recreation Program is designed to provide and enhance recreation opportunities for people of all ability levels and ages to participate in leisure services. We offer both specialized classes and inclusion opportunities.
- Participation is required at all programs!
- When dropping off participants please check in with a staff member or volunteer. If a participant will be using public transportation please notify staff at the beginning of the program.
- We do not provide personal care, i.e. toileting or feeding. If you need assistance you will need to provide an assistant.
- A Therapeutic Participation Form must be filled out every two years and you can also acquire one at the front desk of either center.
- Special Olympics requires a medical on file every three years, You can download the form from the Special Olympics Website.
If you see a class offered in the brochure and would like to participate but need assistance, please let us know. A minimum of three weeks is needed to allow us time to provide the support you need to attend that class. We look forward to providing recreation for everyone.
- Group: Participants who are independent or require minimal verbal prompting and minimal behaviors.
- 1:1: Participants who need physical assistance and/or additional support due to behavioral needs.
- Inclusion: To request an inclusion experience contact Rachel Robbins, CTRS at 303.460.6924 for more information.