- Parks, Recreation and Senior Services
- Senior Services
- Active Adult Recreation
Active Adult Recreation
We offer a variety of activities for Active Adults! Including drop-in activities, trips, dance classes, SilverSneakers®, Renew Active™, Silver & Fit®, Active & Fit®, and much more!
Active Adult Trips
Click here for a list of all upcoming trips and to register!
Click here for the 2023 Spring Active Adult Trip Guide!
Click here for the 2023 Summer Active Adult Trip Guide!
Senior Trip and Activity Policies
- Pre-registration is required for all classes and trips.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- All classes and trips are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met, there is a possibility of the trip being canceled.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time.
- All arrival times on trips are approximate. We will make every effort to depart and arrive in a timely manner.
- No smoking on vans or buses.
- We encourage you to utilize the waitlist process whenever possible. Individuals on the waitlist will be contacted if spots become available and given first priority to added classes or trips.
- An exertion chart has been established based on the physical intensity of the trip. Exertion numbers are listed next to each trip.
- Registrations must be completed by the participating member. Trips are not transferable.
- Door-to-door transportation is available to those who cannot drive themselves. Space is limited so please make your transportation arrangements at the time of registration or a minimum of three days prior to the class or trip. Contact the Senior Services office for transportation availability at 303.464.5534. Door-to-door transportation is available to Broomfield residents only.
Refund Policy on Trips and Activities
- If the trip is canceled by the Recreation Department or the venue for any reason, full credit will be automatically applied to your account. If you prefer a check or credit card refund, please notify Kim Hollingsworth at 303.464.5536.
- An administrative fee of 10% will be charged on any cancelation initiated by the participant before the cancelation deadline date.
- Cancellations initiated after the cancellation deadline will not receive a refund unless the space can be filled from the waitlist, and a 10% processing fee will be incurred.
- If there is no waitlist, a participant may transfer their reservation to another person with the approval of the Recreation Coordinator.
- Complete registration information and full payment are required from any substitute participant before the original registration is issued a refund.
- A refund is not issued if the participant fails to show up or is late and misses the bus.
For Accommodations, please contact Kim at 303.464.5536
- Individuals who need an assistant (i.e. someone to push the wheelchair) must provide one at the time of registration to ensure trip availability. Trip fees will apply to the assistant as well.
- Requests for Easy Ride Transportation must be made at the time of registration or a minimum of three days prior to the class or trip.
- For individuals using motorized mobility devices, such as scooters, please note the vehicle lift capacity is 800 pounds. We are aware that the weight of mobility devices can vary, so please be familiar with the weight of your mobility device when registering for trips that require transportation. Should the combined weight of the participant and mobility device exceed 800 pounds, transportation can still be provided if the participant is able to independently transfer from the mobility device to a wheelchair. The mobility device will be loaded onto the vehicle first and then the participant.
- For information and questions on any special accommodations, please contact Kim Hollingsworth at 303.464.5536.
Active Adult Golf League
We meet on Tuesday mornings for a round of golf at Greenway Park Golf Course. Each week players will be assigned a partner and participate in various fun golf games. In addition to the league registration fee, golfers will pay the green fees to the course. For more information, call Kim Hollingsworth at 303.464.5536.
Offered in the Spring and Fall!
Visit B-REx.com for class listings and information!
Stop in and join a group. Drop-in is $1 or free for All Facility Passholders, SilverSneakers, Renew Active, Silver&Fit, or Active&Fit members. No registration is required. Located at Broomfield Community Center.
Bridge, Mondays, 12:30 - 4 p.m.
Bunko, Last Tuesday of the month, 1 - 4 p.m.
Canasta, Thursdays, 1 - 3:30 p.m.
Mexican Train Tile, Wednesdays, 1 - 4 p.m.
Needlework, Fridays, 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Photo Club, 4th Tuesdays, 6:30 - 9 p.m.
Woodcarvers, Thursdays, 9 a.m. - noon
Mah Jongg, Tuesdays, 1 - 4 p.m.
Visit B-REx.com for more information.
SilverSneakers®, Renew Active™, Silver & Fit®, and Active & Fit®
Benefits offered to Broomfield Recreation Services Active Adults with memberships to Active & Fit®, Renew Active™, Silver & Fit®, or SilverSneakers®.
- Free drop-in fitness classes at the Broomfield Community Center (BCC), and Paul Derda Recreation Center (PDRC)
- Free drop-in water fitness classes at PDRC
- 50% discount on registration for any Active Adult athletic program (ie: Active Adult golf, Active Adult volleyball, and Active Adult softball)
- Free Active Adult fitness orientation
- Free Active Adult fitness assessment
- Unlimited visits to either facility and the Bay Aquatic Park in the summer
- 25% off personal training
- Free drop-in activities at BCC (ie: bridge, bunko, canasta, etc.)
- Healthy Hearts walking program
- Beginning/Intermediate line dancing
Visit B-REx.com for new member meetings and orientation class information!
Spring Fling Senior Dance
Thursday, May 18, 2 - 4:30 p.m.
Live entertainment by Jim Erlich. Pre-registration is preferred. Visit B-REx.com. Fee: $7R/$9NR, Drop-in fee (day of) $10R/$13NR. Contact Kim with questions at 303-464-5536.
We offer a variety of special events all year long! Events include Bridge Tournament, Active Adult Anniversary party, and much more.
280 Spader Way
Broomfield, CO 80020