Active Adult Recreation
We offer a variety of activities for Active Adults! Including drop-in activities, trips, dance classes, SilverSneakers® and much more!
Active Adult Trips
Click Here to for a list of all upcoming trips and to register!
Senior Trip and Activity Policies
- Pre-registration is required for all classes and trips.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- All classes and trips are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time.
- All arrival times on trips are approximate. We will make every effort to depart and arrive in a timely manner.
- No smoking on vans or buses.
- We encourage you to utilize the waitlist process whenever possible. Individuals on the waitlist will be contacted if spots become available and given first priority to added classes or trips.
- An exertion chart has been established based on the physical intensity of the trip. Exertion numbers are listed next to each trip.
- Registrations must be completed by the participating member. Trips are not transferable.
- Door-to-door transportation is available to those who cannot drive themselves. Space is limited so please make your transportation arrangements at the time of registration or a minimum of three days prior to the class or trip. Contact the senior office for transportation availability at 303-464-5526. Door-to-door transportation is available to Broomfield residents only.
Refund Policy on Trips and Activities
- If the trip is canceled by the Recreation Department or the venue for any reason, a full credit will be automatically applied to your account. If you prefer a check or credit card refund, please notify Kim Hollingsworth at 303.464.5536.
- An administrative fee of $5 is assessed on any cancellation initiated by the participant before the cancellation deadline date.
- Cancellations initiated after the cancellation deadline will not receive a refund, unless the space can be filled from the waitlist, and a 10% processing fee will be incurred.
- If there is no waitlist, a participant may transfer their reservation to another person with approval of the Recreation Coordinator.
- Complete registration information and full payment is required from any substitute participant before the original registration is issued a refund.
- A refund is not issued if the participant fails to show up or is late and misses the bus.
For Accommodations, please contact Kim at 303.464.5536
- Individuals who need an assistant (i.e. someone to push the wheelchair) must provide one at the time of registration to ensure trip availability. Trip fees will apply to the assistant as well.
- Requests for Easy Ride Transportation must be made at the time of registration or a minimum of three days prior to the class or trip.
- For individuals using motorized mobility devices, such as scooters, please note the vehicle lift capacity is 800 pounds. We are aware that the weight of mobility devices can vary, so please be familiar with the weight of your mobility device when registering for trips that require transportation. Should the combined weight of the participant and mobility device exceed 800 pounds, transportation can still be provided if the participant is able to independently transfer from the mobility device to a wheelchair. The mobility device will be loaded onto the vehicle first and then the participant.
- For information and questions on any special accommodations, please contact Kim Hollingsworth at 303.464.5536.
Active Adult Golf Leauge
We meet on Tuesday mornings for a round of golf at Greenway Park Golf Course. Each week players will be assigned a partner and participate in various fun golf games. In addition to the league registration fee, golfers will pay the green fees to the course. For more information, call Kim Hollingsworth at 303.464.5536.
Offered in the Spring and Fall!
Click Here to for class listings and information!
We offer several different Drop-In dance programs at our facilities.
Activities are available with a Recreation Pass,
SilverSneakers® membership, Drop-in membership card or $1 fee per program per day. All drop-in activities are held at the Community Center.
Click Here to for class schedules and locations!
Broomfield Recreation participates in the SilverSneakers® program. We offer several different Drop-In fitness classes as well as orientations and new member meetings.
Click Here for new member meetings and orientation class information!
Adult Drop-in Pickleball (16+)
The Paul Derda Recreation Center offers drop-in play 5 days a week, Wednesdays and Saturdays are the exception. Skills and Drills Clinics are offered on various Wednesdays throughout the year. EXCEPTION dates and information flyers available are available below.
Click Here for an updated schedule.
Active Adult Bowling
There is a bowling league for players 50 years and better on Monday mornings at Chippers on Nickel Street. The fall bowling league begins Monday, September 11, 2017. For more information, contact Alex and John Merrill at 303.469.7190.
Active Adult Volleyball
Men and women 50 years and better can be a part of our Broomfield Volleyball team(s). Our team(s) plays throughout the metro area against another 50 years and better teams. Practice is on Tuesday mornings, with games on Wednesday afternoons. League play is September–November and January–March. Call Robin at 303.464.5504 for more information.
Used Softball/Baseball Adoptions
We have a great number of used softballs and baseballs that need a new home. Options are:
$1 a ball
$10 for a dozen
$15 for a dozen with a bucket
For more information contact Vickie at 303.464.5522.
Free Agent Sign-Up
Are you an individual who really wants to play a sport but don’t have a team to play on? Go to www.Broomfieldathletics.com to register yourself as a free agent. Free agent list will be posted on the schedule website for adult sport team managers to be able to contact free agents. Or for adult softball Summer and Fall a free agent team will be formed for Men’s E and Coed E. For more information call Angela at 303-464-5542.
We offer a variety of special events all year long! Events include Living In Balance Conference, Grandparents Day lunch, Thanksgiving Dinner and much more!
Click Here for a listing of upcoming events!