Discover the power of your voice and creativity with Broomfield Out Loud, an innovative project empowering the Broomfield community through storytelling and art. Share your unique story, unleash your creativity and uplift Broomfield voices by participating through collective expression.
Inspired by the Nobody Knows: Voices (Un)muted project led by Dr. Ron McCurdy, Broomfield Out Loud pairs community members with local artists who create exhibits and performances to bring Broomfielders’ stories to life. Storytellers, like you, are everyday residents who come from all ages and backgrounds. Do you have a personal story connected to Broomfield that you’d like to share? Keep reading to learn how the Broomfield Depot Museum and Friends of Broomfield History can help you capture it!
Broomfield Out Loud will take place in four stages through summer 2025. Participate in events, share stories, embrace creativity and be part of something extraordinary!
VOICE: Gather Broomfield stories
- Share and preserve your Broomfield story in the Broomfield History Collection and Friends of Broomfield History. Sign up using our online form!
- Ten stories will be curated from all stories gathered to be paired with an artist who will create new work retelling Broomfield stories.
- Sign up for Creative Storytelling Workshops by Lighthouse Writers Workshop to strengthen your voice and to explore your creative side.
Visit the VOICE page to get all the details on this phase of this project.
CREATE: Commission new artwork inspired by Broomfield stories
- Artists: submit proposals for selection of new creative work retelling a Broomfield story.
- Ten artists will be selected and paired with selected Broomfield stories as part of a Creative Collabs.
Visit the CREATE page to get all the details on this phase of this project
EXPERIENCE: Launch events and exhibits showcasing new artwork
- Attend a variety of events, pop ups and exhibitions to showcase the new work created by regional artists retelling ten Broomfield stories.
Visit the EXPERIENCE page to get all the details on this phase of this project
GROW: Continue to learn, discover and explore
- Screen short films about individual Broomfield storytellers with panels, discussions and community engagement opportunities.
- Connect themes and topics from storyteller’s stories to broader community resources.
- Explore educational opportunities, including curriculum development incorporating stories and creative works from the Creative Collabs as primary sources and to continue sharing community stories through creative expression.
Visit the GROW page to get all the details on this phase of this project
Storytelling Workshop: Broomfield Today and In the Future
Register today for creative Storytelling Workshops by Lighthouse Writers Workshop to strengthen your voice and to explore your creative side.
Share Your Story!
If you have a personal story connected to Broomfield, from any background and any age, you're invited to be a part of the Broomfield out Loud project. Contribute your unique story today by filling out our form.