Inmates in Custody
To find out who is being held at the City and County of Broomfield Detention Center, along with a list of their charges, bond amount, and next court date and time, click here. Additionally, inmate information can be obtained via the telephone automated voice attendant by calling 720.887.2000.
Establishing Inmate Phone Accounts
Friends and family can establish a phone account for inmate use by contacting Securus on 800.844.6591 or clicking on this link. Using this service provides a voicemail feature to leave inmate messages. The inmate phone system does not allow outgoing calls to cellular phones.
Additionally, the facility offers phone cards for purchase with inmate funds. Detention staff can provide instructions for inmates with credit on their account how to obtain phone cards.
Legal Rights Related to Posting Money Bond - Pursuant to House Bill 21-1280
1. BOND FEES, BOOKING FEES, AND OTHER FEES OR DEBTS NEVER NEED TO BE PAID TO SECURE A PERSON'S RELEASE ON MONEY BOND. A PAYOR NEED ONLY PAY THE BOND AMOUNT IN ORDER TO SECURE RELEASE.
2. WHILE NEVER A BASIS TO HOLD A DEFENDANT IN JAIL, THE FOLLOWING FEES ARE CHARGEABLE AS A DEBT TO THE DEFENDANT AFTER RELEASE IF THE PAYOR CHOOSES NOT TO PAY THE FEES AT THE TIME OF BONDING: A $10 BOND FEE AND A MAXIMUM 3.5% CREDIT CARD PAYMENT FEE. NO OTHER BOND-RELATED FEES MAY BE CHARGED AT ANY TIME, INCLUDING ANY KIOSK FEES OR FEES FOR PAYMENT BY CASH, CHECK, OR MONEY ORDER.
3. BOND PAYMENTS ARE TO BE MADE OUT TO THE HOLDING COUNTY AND ARE NEVER TO BE MADE OUT IN THE NAME OF THE INCARCERATED PERSON.
4. A SHERIFF MUST RELEASE A DEFENDANT WITHIN SIX HOURS AFTER A PERSONAL RECOGNIZANCE BOND IS SET AND THE DEFENDANT HAS RETURNED TO JAIL OR WITHIN SIX HOURS AFTER A CASH BOND HAS BEEN SET AND THE DEFENDANT HAS RETURNED TO JAIL AND THE DEFENDANT OR SURETY NOTIFIED THE JAIL THAT BOND IS PREPARED TO BE POSTED, UNLESS EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES EXIST. IN THE EVENT OF A DELAY OF MORE THAN SIX HOURS, A SURETY AND THE DEFENDANT HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT, IF ANY, EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCE IS CAUSING THE DELAY. SUPERVISORY CONDITIONS OF RELEASE DO NOT JUSTIFY A DELAY IN RELEASE; EXCEPT THAT A SHERIFF MAY HOLD A DEFENDANT FOR UP TO 24 HOURS IF NECESSARY TO ENSURE A DEFENDANT IS FITTED WITH REQUIRED ELECTRONIC MONITORING.
5. ANYONE WHO POSTS A MONEY BOND HAS THE RIGHT TO RECEIVE A COPY OF THE BOND PAPERWORK, INCLUDING DOCUMENTATION OF THE NEXT UPCOMING COURT DATE.
6. A SURETY MAY NEVER BE ASKED TO USE POSTED BOND MONEY TO PAY A DEFENDANT'S DEBTS. ONLY WHEN DEFENDANTS HAVE POSTED THEIR OWN MONEY BOND MAY THEY BE ASKED IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTARILY RELINQUISH BOND MONEY TO PAY THEIR DEBTS. RELINQUISHMENT OF BOND MONEY BY A DEFENDANT TO PAY A DEBT IS NEVER REQUIRED AND IS ENTIRELY A VOLUNTARY CHOICE BY THE DEFENDANT.
Filing a Complaint for Violations of the Above Provision
To file a complaint for violations of this provision, call 303.438.6405 and request to be transferred to the Standards Sergeant, or visit Broomfield.org/policefeedback.
Bonding an Inmate Out Using Cash Legal
If you are posting an inmate's bond, please have the exact bond amount in cash. Detention Center staff is unable to accept checks or credit cards for bonds, and change is not available. For every bond, there is an additional $10 bond fee charged by the court and a $30 booking fee charged by the Detention Center, each of which must be paid separately in cash. For example, to post a $200 bond, you must bring $200 in cash, along with a separate $10 bond fee and a separate $30 booking fee, also in cash. The bond and bond fee cannot be combined in one cash payment.
Bonding an Inmate Out Using a Credit CardBroomfield County now accepts credit and debit card payments through AllPaid. Payments can be made with a major credit, debit, or prepaid debit card, including:
Payments can be made for:
- Bond Fees
- Detention Fees
To make a payment, you will need the following:
- Location (Broomfield Police Detention Center) and Location Code (PLC #a003fz)
- Payment Amount
- Name of person for whom payment is being paid
The cardholder acknowledges that he/she relinquishes any claim to these funds and understands and agrees that these funds will become the property of the defendant. Furthermore, the cardholder understands that upon disposition of the charges/cases against the defendant, any funds ordered returned by the court will be returned to the defendant and not the cardholder.