Broomfield Arts, Culture, and Science (ACS) Funding Program
The Broomfield City Council authorizes funds in the City budget to support arts, culture and science programs offered to the community. The Broomfield Cultural Council (BCC) reviews grant applications and makes recommendations to the City Council. Funding decisions are based on benefits to the Broomfield community, consistent with the City’s cultural master plan, Creative Broomfield.
Applications proposing programs to be presented in Broomfield County will be accepted. Resident applicant organizations will receive priority consideration. Innovative programs that address an unmet arts, science or cultural niche are encouraged. Funding requests for general operations, capital campaigns, individuals, and trip or event sponsorships will not be considered due to limited ACS funding.
- Funding Available for 2017: $12,685.60
- Click here for the 2017 ACS Grant Information and Application: Word document or PDF
- Organizations that receive Broomfield SCFD Tier III funding are not eligible to receive Arts, Culture, and Science funding in the same year.
- When using a fiscal sponsor, the applicant organization should focus the application on their own program, organizational structure, and funding, and not that of the fiscal sponsor.
- Cultural Council will review and prepare a recommendation for funding to City Council on October 2, 2017.
- The Cultural Council recommendation will be presented to City Council on October 24, 2017.
- Previous grant recipients: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
- Click here to sign-up for email newsletter:
- Final Program Summary Reports for 2016 grant recipients will be due on March 1, 2018
- Final Program Summary Reports for 2017 grant recipients will be due on March 1, 2019
- ACS Final Report Cover Sheet
- ACS Final Report Narrative Form
- Please attach all final report pages to the cover sheet and submit one hard copy application (single-sided for scanning) by March 1 to the Cultural Affairs Division at the City and County of Broomfield, 3 Community Park Road, Broomfield CO, 80020.
Creative Broomfield - Arts and Culture Master Plan
Broomfield County Cultural Council
Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD)
The Broomfield Cultural Council will look with favor on requests from organizations that receive less than half of their total funding from all SCFD sources in addition to evidence of responsible stewardship. Diversification of funding is critical.
All applicants need to thoroughly explain how the organization or project will benefit the City and County of Broomfield. Applicants also need to demonstrate and measure how they are reaching Broomfield citizens with their project/programs. Since the Cultural Council has new members each year, applicants should thoroughly explain the organization history and impact in Broomfield.
- The 2017 deadline has passed. For information on next year's grant, see scfd.org
- 2017 Broomfield Guidelines
- Interviews are required in Broomfield.
- Applicant organizations need to send a representative with a breadth of knowledge concerning the programming, finances, and organization's grant application. The interview directly affects funding decisions.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- Revised applications, revised financials, and other required documents will not be accepted after the grant deadline.
- Letters of Intent are not required.
- General Operating Support Scoring Matrix
- Special Project Scoring Matrix
- Broomfield County SCFD Funding Plan will be presented to City Council on July 11, 2017
- Presentation of SCFD check to City Council on October 10, 2017
- Check Distribution and Reception on October 23, 2017
- Tier III information
- Discover other cultural / scientific organizations serving Broomfield.
- Broomfield Schools contact information
- Arts Education in Colorado: Guidebook and Resources ~ Colorado Department of Education
- 5 Hallmarks of Healthy Nonprofit organization
- 10 Indicators of Excellence for Funding Grant Applicants
- Rules to Run a 501(c)(3)