Delinquency Information and Payment Arrangements
If you are unable to make your water/sewer payment, extensions can be requested by contacting the Utility Billing office at 303.438.6319 by 5:00 p.m. on Friday prior to the scheduled disconnection date.
- Charges for water and sewer service are due 15 calendar days following the Bill Date, with an additional 15-day grace period.
- If the charges remain unpaid 30 calendar days after the Bill Date, the account is considered delinquent, a $5.00 late charge is assessed, and a past due notice is mailed to the customer. This notice provides the customer with another 10 days to pay the bill.
- If the bill is still unpaid after that time period, a courtesy call will be made to the telephone number on the account.
***Please make sure your phone number on file is up to date.***
- If no payment is received by the deadline stated in the phone call, a field technician is dispatched to the property. He will attempt to notify the resident about the outstanding balance or hang a door tag if no one is available.
***At this point, payment arrangements can no longer be accepted.***
- If payment is still not received by the following Tuesday morning, a field technician is dispatched again to disconnect service, and a $25 service charge is assessed.
- If service is disconnected, the past due amount, plus the $25.00 service charge, must be paid before service can be restored.
RETURNED CHECK/DRAFT CHARGE
- Effective May 01, 2018, a $27.00 fee shall be assessed for checks or drafts that have been dishonored by the bank, credit union, or other financial institution from which they were drawn.
- Penalty shall be charged against the account for which the check/draft was written and shall be collected in the same manner as the regular charges for water and sewer service.
(Broomfield Municipal Code: 13-12-040)