|Wonderful Wednesday and Fabulous Friday Adult Volunteer - Children's Services needs help with their amazing summer reading programs! Help supervise teen volunteers and monitor the lobby for these fun weekly programs.|
|Makerspace Activity Volunteer - Do you have a craft or skill you want to share with Broomfield? We need skilled volunteers to lead hands-on activities for the upcoming Makerspace.|
|Are you part of a group that would like to give back to the community? Broomfield Library is looking for enthusiastic community groups to help clean children's toys on the 4th Saturday of each month from 2-4pm. Groups can volunteer for one month or many. Get in touch to find out more!|
|Home Service Volunteer - Help bring the library to those who can’t visit us! We are looking for compassionate & responsible individuals to become a part of this new program.|
|College Prep Volunteer - Want to help teens prepare for college? We are looking for volunteers to help teens navigate college essays, applications, scholarships, and everything else college related.|
Library & Cultural Affairs Volunteer Program
Interested in volunteering at the Library or Cultural Affairs? We are looking for committed and enthusiastic teens (14+) and adults who want to make a difference in their community. Volunteers will assist staff with basic clerical duties and/or participate in community programs. Opportunities include:
- Shelve and straighten materials
- Assist with preparing marketing materials - stuffing brochures, cutting flyers, etc.
- Assist in counting, sorting, arranging, and re-stocking IRS forms in the front lobby during tax season
- Assist with very basic clerical tasks such as cutting out bookmarks, photocopying, and filing
- Assist with various Children's programs (Summer Reading Program open to teens 12+)
- Book group facilitator
- English conversation group facilitator
- Computer tutor
- Teen Advisory Board member
- Program helper
- Greet patrons visiting exhibits in the Auditorium
- Museum Docent
- Museum Collections help
How to get involved
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Katherine Skeels at 720.887.2333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants are required to have a background check and signed disclosure statement found here.
- For Teen volunteers - check here for more information.
Court-Ordered Community Service
Please call the Community Service Recording at 720.887.2367
- Broomfield residents
- English language fluency
- Offenses which are non-threatening, non-violent, not drug-related, not theft-related, and not sex-related
- Please provide all the requested information
- Weekend hours are not available.
Carrie, Ruth, and Margaret have a combined 93 years of volunteering at the library. They have been volunteering together each Wednesday for the past three decades. Come volunteer at the library and meet lifelong friends.