|Are you part of a group that would like to give back to the community? Broomfield Library is looking for enthusiastic community groups to help clean children's toys on the 4th Saturday of each month from 2-4pm. Groups can volunteer for one month or many. Get in touch to find out more!|
|Science Tutor for Teens - Do you have a passion for science and teaching? We are looking for a dedicated, patient, and compassionate volunteer who can tutor science, with an emphasis on Chemistry, for middle and high school grades. Tutoring takes place on Tuesdays from 4:30-6:45 p.m. during the school term. Please get in touch for more details.|
|Dia de los Ninos Bilingual Story Time Volunteers: We are looking for bilingual volunteers to read a book and share a rhyme/favorite song from their cultural as part of our annual Dia de los Ninos event on Saturday, April 27, 2019. Volunteers should be able to present a 15-30 minute story time for children of all ages and their families. We are also looking for volunteers to staff Ambassador Tables from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. If interested, please contact Kathy Klatt at 720.887.2320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Bilingual Story Time Volunteer: Are you bilingual? We are looking for bilingual volunteers to read a book in the language of their culture for our monthly bilingual story times at 6 Garden Center. Story times take place on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Volunteers should be able to present a 30 minute story time for children of all ages and their families. If interested, please contact Kathy Klatt at 720.887.2320 or email@example.com.|
|Children's Outreach Volunteer: Our Children's team is looking for volunteers to help with outreach events throughout the year. Examples of previous outreach events include Race for Kids, Spooktacular, and Centennial Food Pantry. If interested, please contact Kathy Klatt at 720.887.2320 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
Library & Cultural Affairs Volunteer Program
Interested in volunteering at the Library or Cultural Affairs? We are looking for committed and enthusiastic teens (14+) and adults who want to make a difference in their community. Volunteers will assist staff with basic clerical duties and/or participate in community programs. Opportunities can include:
- Shelve and straighten materials
- Assist with preparing marketing materials - stuffing brochures, cutting flyers, etc.
- Assist in counting, sorting, arranging, and re-stocking IRS forms in the front lobby during tax season
- Assist with very basic clerical tasks such as cutting out bookmarks, photocopying, and filing
- Assist with various Children's programs (Summer Reading Program open to teens 12+)
- Book group facilitator
- English conversation group facilitator
- Computer tutor
- Teen Advisory Board member
- Program helper
- Greet patrons visiting exhibits in the Auditorium
- Museum Docent
- Home Service volunteer
How to get involved
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Katherine Skeels at 720.887.2333 or email@example.com
- All applicants are required to have a background check and signed disclosure statement found here.
- For Teen volunteers - check here for more information.
Court-Ordered Community Service
Please call the Community Service Recording at 720.887.2367
- Broomfield residents
- English language fluency
- Offenses which are non-threatening, non-violent, not drug-related, not theft-related, and not sex-related
- Please provide all the requested information
- Weekend hours are not available.
Carrie, Ruth, and Margaret have a combined 93 years of volunteering at the library. They have been volunteering together each Wednesday for the past three decades. Come volunteer at the library and meet lifelong friends.