Broomfield Pals connects neighbors! How can you help your friends and neighbors who are encouraged to stay home to protect against the COVID-19 virus? Apply to become a Broomfield Pal!
Help friends and neighbors by offering connections and assistance during the COVID-19 public health crisis. Assistance should be virtual if possible, and if not possible, must be no contact. What does that mean? If dropping off a package or delivery, utilize porch pick up. If arranging a sidewalk show or check-in chat, arrange to have the resident in need stay inside their home and choose a location that can be seen via a window. Get creative and chat via phone while you can see each other outside a window or doorway!
No matter what, maintaining the health and safety of all Broomfield Pals is the number one priority of being a good community member!
Residents Requesting Support: Review the requirements below and fill out this application to receive community support through the Broomfield Pals program.
- You are a Broomfield resident.
- You can benefit from making community connections and receiving extra support.
Volunteers: Please fill out this application if you or your family are able to assist one of your Broomfield neighbors. You will be matched with a neighbor as close to your home as possible. Here are just a few examples of services that could be provided by volunteers.
- Lawn maintenance (mowing, weeding, etc.)
- Plant / maintain a garden
- Virtual coffee or lunch dates
- Other needs as they arise
These are the expectations of a Broomfield Pals volunteer:
- Fill out the volunteer application and liability waiver.
- Complete a background check (for each person 18+) through a link that will be emailed directly to you from Background Information Services (BIS).
- Be matched with a Broomfield neighbor and find ways to safely connect with that person.
- Find creative ways to connect through phone calls, face-time, dropping off and picking up items without placing our most vulnerable at risk even from 6 feet apart.
- Stay up to date on all Broomfield Public Health Orders and to fully comply with the requirements and suggestions set forth in the Orders. Visit Broomfield.org/COVID for updates, and subscribe to the City eNewsletter for updates in your inbox.
Residents and volunteers will be notified via email once a match is made!
Questions?: Email email@example.com