With the low-temperature forecast, the Code Blue Warming Center may be open for overnight guests who need a warm place to sleep.
Guests who need a warm place to sleep should check the open status here.
Place: Broomfield United Methodist Church (BUMC), 545 W. 10th Ave., Broomfield, CO 80020.
Volunteers and guests should please enter the facility at the NORTHEAST entrance, which faces Broomfield High School.
Important Details: We hope to have up to 23 mattresses with bedding available to overnight guests, on a first-come, first-served basis. The warming center will close at 7 a.m. the following morning.
Guests are welcome at the Code Blue Warming Center under the following conditions — that they help us keep this facility and its grounds:
- violence-free (in actions and words)
- Keep no more than 10 small items (phone, charger, prescription medication, etc.) on their person while inside. Backpacks and other belongings will be stored in a locked room overnight and returned to guests before the warming center closes the following morning.
- Respect other guests and volunteers.
- Ensure that prescription drugs are labeled with their name.
- Abide by “lights out” instructions.
- Abide by “morning wake-up call.”
Read more at http://broomfieldvoad.org/?page_id=695
Since low temperatures are forecast to fall below 20 degrees for most of this week, we would like to open the warming center at BUMC on each of those nights. Our only obstacle is having enough volunteers to operate. Please go to this Signup Genius page if you or someone you know would be willing to serve.