Broomfield has moved to level “medium” on the CDC’s COVID-19 Community Levels.
This change indicates that the risk of COVID-19 infection is increasing in Broomfield, and that there are additional steps Broomfielders can take to keep themselves healthy:
- If you are immunocompromised or high risk for severe disease:
- Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you need to wear a mask and take other precautions (e.g., testing)
- Have a plan for rapid testing if needed (e.g., having home tests or access to testing)
- Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you are a candidate for treatments like oral antivirals, PrEP, and monoclonal antibodies
- If you have household or social contact with someone at high risk for severe disease:
- Consider self-testing to detect infection before contact
- Consider wearing a mask when indoors with them
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and boosters
- Maintain improved ventilation throughout indoor spaces when possible
- Follow CDC recommendations for isolation and quarantine, including getting tested if you are exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19
People may choose to mask at any time. People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask. Learn more about the COVID-19 Community Levels, locate a testing center, find COVID-19 treatment. and find a COVID-19 vaccine near you.