Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
Baby and Toddler Powdered Formula Recall
Abbott Nutrition has issued a voluntary recall of certain formulas, including Alimentum, EleCare, EleCare Junior, and Human Milk Fortifier powdered formulas. Liquid formulas are not impacted. Learn more at this website or by calling the Broomfield WIC office at 720-887-2225.
WIC is Operating Remotely
Call Broomfield WIC for more information and to sign up at 720.887.2225. If you’d like WIC to contact you, please use our online referral form.
Important information for WIC clients related to COVID-19 (“coronavirus”)
The Broomfield WIC office is serving clients during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- WIC benefits are available.
- All WIC appointments will be conducted on the phone.
- We will call you at your scheduled appointment time.
- If you need to schedule an appointment, please call 720.887.2225.
- Please make sure we have your current phone number.
Our goal is to continue to serve WIC clients and keep families and WIC staff safe.
Información importante para clientes de WIC relacionados con COVID-19 ("coronavirus")
La oficina de Broomfield WIC está atendiendo a los clientes durante el brote de COVID-19.
- Los beneficios de WIC están disponibles.
- Todas las citas de WIC se llevarán a cabo por teléfono.
- Lo llamaremos a la hora programada de su cita.
- Si necesita programar una cita, llame al 720.887.2225.
- Asegúrese de tener su número de teléfono actual.
Nuestro objetivo es continuar sirviendo a los clientes de WIC y mantener a salvo a las familias y al personal de WIC.
WIC provides supplemental foods, nutrition education, access to a dietitian, breastfeeding support, and healthcare referrals. Families on WIC can also receive other government benefits (SNAP/food stamps, TANF, Medicaid). WIC welcomes all parents and caregivers! If you are a dad, grandparent, foster parent or any caregiver of a child under 5 years of age, you may get WIC for your child.
To be eligible for WIC, a person must meet the following requirements:
- Be pregnant, a breastfeeding (up to one year postpartum) or non-breastfeeding (up to six months postpartum) woman, or an infant or a child up to five years old.
- Be income-eligible (see below).
- Have identification and proof of income and address (you do not have to be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for the WIC program).
To learn more about WIC eligibility, click here.
Families receiving these benefits are automatically eligible:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
Online Nutrition Lesson
For currently enrolled participants, complete the online nutrition lesson before your next appointment by visiting WIC Online Nutrition Education.
In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call toll free 866.632.9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800.845.6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.