Parks and Park Shelters
Broomfield has over 281 miles of trails, more than 700 acres of developed parks and 45 playgrounds. This is 16 acres of available outdoor active living for every 1,000 citizens. If you like to take your dog to the park, please read our leash law policy.
Park Amenity List
The list below will also be helpful to you in searching for the location of the perfect park for your activity!
If you are looking for athletic fields, please visit our fields page.
Reservation requests for the upcoming year can be made beginning at 8am on January 2nd. Broomfield County Commons and West Interlocken Park Shelters are available for requests after March 1st with limited availability.
Parks and shelters are open to the public unless the facility has been reserved. A reservation and paid permit gives a patron sole use of a specific facility for a specified timeframe.
To make a reservation, please follow these instructions to submit a request through B-REx.com. Questions may be directed to the Broomfield Reservation Line 303.464.5509. **If you wish to have alcohol at your event, a separate alcohol consumption permit application must be submitted during the check-out process with the Park Reservation Request**. Requests are processed in the order they are received and booked based on availability. Reservation is not final until you have received confirmation from Broomfield Recreation Services.
Reservations are not transferable between facilities/shelters. A facility/shelter change, date change, or change in contract holder will result in a cancellation and rebooking of reservation following the cancellation policy outlined below. All other changes requiring a new permit for a reservation, i.e. adding/reducing hours or adding an alcohol permit, will incur a $15 Administrative fee. Additional fees may apply.
Cancellations made two weeks or more prior to the event will forfeit 50% of the total reservation fee. Cancellations made less than two weeks prior to the event will forfeit 100% of the total reservation fee.
Please help keep your Park safe and clean!
- City and County of Broomfield park use hours are 5 a.m. - 11 p.m. (B.M.C. 12-28-040)
- All alcoholic beverages are prohibited without a Facility Reservation and approved Alcohol Permit.
- Food Truck info
- Glass containers are not allowed
- Motorized vehicles are permitted in parking areas only
- Leash law is strictly enforced
- Animal defecation must be removed by owner / custodian
- Certain conduct prohibited - Within any park, it is unlawful for any person to do any of the following acts: (D) To sell, offer for sale, or distribute at no charge any merchandise, article, goods, services or thing, without the express written permission of the city manager. B M. C 12-28-280
- Requests for such acts must go through the Parks Reservation process.