Sex Offender Information
Effective June 8, 2021: Offenders designated as a Sexually Violent Predator (SVP) wishing to live in the City and County of Broomfield must comply with Ordinance 9-56-010 through 9-56-050.
9-56-020 - Prohibitions - It shall be unlawful for a person who is required to register under the Colorado Sex Offender Registration Act, C.R.S. § 16-22-101, et seq., as amended, and who has been adjudicated a sexually violent predator to establish a permanent or temporary residence within one thousand (1,000) feet of any City-recognized park, playground, public or private school, licensed day care center, recreation center, library, retail shopping mall, or public swimming pool within the boundaries of the City and County of Broomfield.
Important Community Notification Regarding a Sexually Violent Predator
A Broomfield resident has been designated a Sexually Violent Predator (SVP). The offender is required to register each quarter for life.
Message from the Colorado General Assembly
The general assembly finds that persons convicted of offenses involving unlawful sexual behavior have a reduced expectation of privacy because of the public's interest in public safety. The general assembly further finds that the public must have access to information concerning persons convicted of offenses involving unlawful sexual behavior that is collected pursuant to this article to allow them to adequately protect themselves and their children from these persons. The general assembly declares, however, that in making this information available to the public, as provided in this section and section 16-22-110 (6), it is not the general assembly's intent that the information be used to inflict retribution or additional punishment on any person convicted of unlawful sexual behavior or of another offense, the underlying factual basis of which involves unlawful sexual behavior.
Sex Offender Internet Search Information
As with all other metro area cities, Broomfield is home to sex offenders. Learn more about how to research offenders in your area.
NOTICE: Per C.R.S. 16-22-110(8) The Colorado sex offender registry includes only those persons who have been required by law to register and who are in compliance with the sex offender registration laws. Persons should not rely solely on the sex offender registry as a safeguard against perpetrators of sexual assault in their communities. The crime for which a person is convicted may not accurately reflect the level of risk."
Note: Only offenders who are web-eligible are searchable on the above websites. Sex offenders who have committed misdemeanors are still required to register, but their information may only be obtained from the local law enforcement jurisdiction where the offender resides. A complete list of registered sex offenders living in Broomfield is available, at no charge, by visiting the Broomfield Police Department Records Unit during normal business hours. Questions about obtaining the full list of registered sex offenders should be directed to Police Records 303-438-6420.
For Persons Required to Register As a Sex Offender
C.R.S. 16-22-108(7)(a) permits local law enforcement agencies to establish a fee for sex offender registration. The fees are as follows:
- Initial Registration $75
- Annual Registration $25
- Quarterly Registration $25
- Payment may be made at the time of registration by cash, check (in-state, with updated information) or money order payable to the Broomfield Police Department.
- You must still register as required whether you are able to pay the registration fee or not.
- If you are indigent, you may request a one-time waiver of the fee, by submitting a written request, in-person, or by email to: Police-SXO@broomfield.org.
- If a waiver is granted, you will be required to pay the registration fee at your next scheduled registration date.
- Please direct any questions by email or calling the Investigations Division at 303-438-6410.
- All sex offender registrations are required to be completed in-person and a photo ID is required.
- Walk-in's will NOT be accepted. Please call 303-438-6410 to schedule an appointment. Appointments for annual or quarterly registrants are available on Tuesdays. All appointments will be conducted during normal business hours.
- Please arrive approximately 15 minutes early to complete required paperwork.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be required to provide current vehicle information (VIN, license plate, make, model, color) and current employment information.
When you arrive for your appointment, you must check in with a Court Security Officer in either the Police Department lobby, or the adjacent Broomfield Combined Courts lobby (7 Descombes Dr., Broomfield, CO 80020).
IMPORTANT: Penalties for failure to comply with mandatory sex offender registration are substantial. In most cases, violation of the registration requirement constitutes a separate offense.