The recreation department is thrilled to share that we will be opening the woodshop on Monday September 12th! To participate in the woodshop room, you will need to complete the following:
- Complete a woodshop release and waiver of liability.
- Read the policies and procedures manual.
- Complete and Pass a woodshop online safety assessment. The online safety assessment is an “open book” exam.
- Complete and Pass a practical exam.
After passing the online safety assessment, you will set up time to come into the woodshop for the practical exam to show your knowledge in the woodshop in person. Practical exams are available once a month on Monday from 9:00 AM- 10:00 AM, which will be available via B-REx. If you need help setting up an account in B-REx and registering for these times you can reference this document. If you need additional assistance you can come into the Broomfield Community Center or call the front desk 303-464-5500.
After you have passed the written safety assessment, the practical exam and completed the waiver and release of liability the following protocols will be in place.
- Woodshop Session times will be Monday - Friday from 9am - 12pm.
- You will sign up for your session in Brex to participate. Sessions are included if you have an active pass or you can pay for each session when you register.
- The day of your session you will check in at the front desk to confirm your appointment.
- The room is limited to 10 participants per time slot.
- If you have completed the requirements there will be a “Woodshop Assessed Participant” tag in the woodshop to use every time you participate. Please remember to put this tag on as this gives the Volunteer supervisor knowledge that you have completed the process to utilize the equipment.
- All waivers and assessments will have to be passed on an annual basis.
If you have any questions please connect with Tony Spease at Tspease@broomfield.org or Kim Evelsizer at Kevelsizer@broomfield.org. THANK YOU!