- Crime Prevention
The Broomfield Police Department strives to provide consistent quality all-hazard education including crime prevention and safety tips to the public and private sectors.
Crime prevention and community policing share a common purpose - reducing the threat of crime and making our community more safe and secure. The police department needs the assistance from each and every community member. You are the eyes and ears that can make a difference in reducing crime in our community. Remember...public safety is a shared responsibility.
- Close and lock your garage doors
- Locks the doors to your home
- Lock your car at all times
- Remove valuables from your vehicle
- Close and lock your windows
- Know your neighbors
- Inventory your property
- Know the vehicles that belong in your neighborhood
- Call the police if you see or hear anything suspicious
COMMUNITY CRIME MAP - Sometimes referred to as the 'Police Blotter,' the community crime map provides up-to-date information on crime in your area.
The Residents' All-Hazard Preparedness Guide provides a section on Home Safety and Security. Topics covered include home safety, household hazardous materials, personal safety, identity theft, and home security.
The Business All-Hazard Preparedness Guide provides hazard-specific plans that encompass workplace violence, theft, robbery, shoplifting, and other crime prevention and safety topics specific to businesses.
- Blue Sky Bridge Child Advocacy Center
- Colorado Department of Law
- Colorado Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Crime Free Multi Housing Program
- Denver Crime Stoppers
- Elder Abuse Prevention
- Identity Theft Information from the United States Postal Services
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children