- Economic Vitality
- Business Support
- Business Assistance Resources
Business Assistance Resources
Partners and Resources
The City and County of Broomfield understands the value of small businesses and the energy and vibrancy they bring to our community. This page contains a variety of programs, service, and resources offered by the City and County of Broomfield as well as our partners to help get a new business started, existing business create momentum and fully realize the dream of owning your own business.
Financial Assistance Opportunities
- Enhance Broomfield Program - The intent of the Enhance Broomfield program is to assist new and existing businesses by funding projects that will benefit the residents of the City and County of Broomfield through a forgivable loan aimed at increasing economic activity and job creation.
- Small Business Administration - SBA’s programs include financial and federal contract procurement assistance, small business loans, management assistance, and specialized outreach to women, minorities and armed forces veterans. The SBA also provides loans to victims of natural disasters and specialized advice and assistance in international trade.
- CLIMBER Loan Fund - The Colorado Loans to Increase Mainstreet Business Economic Recovery (CLIMBER) Loan Fund is a statewide program that will provide working capital loans to Colorado small businesses through 2024. The loans are for businesses of 1-99 employees and can provide between $10,000 to $500,000 loans at below-market interest rates to help businesses recover post COVID.
- Denver Capital Matrix - Denver Capital Matrix details funding sources for entrepreneurs and small businesses. The matrix identifies nearly 400 funding sources, including traditional bank lending, venture capital firms, private equity firms, angel investors, mezzanine sources, investment banking institutions and others that have funded Colorado businesses.
- Colorado Enterprise Fund - This nonprofit community development financial institution helps small businesses with loans up to $150,000 for entrepreneurs who are unable to obtain financing from traditional sources. They also provide management consulting and business training.
- B:Side Fund - Through a combination of grants, program-related investments, and loans from their funding partners, B:Side Fund has created new capital opportunities that specifically targets underserved communities.
- Enterprise Zone - Broomfield is home to a small enterprise zone on the Southwest portion of our City and County. This zone offers opportunities for businesses to earn state tax credits for training, hiring, investment, and research purposes.
- Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade - This office offers a wide range of services to assist companies starting, expanding or relocating in Colorado. The mission of OEDIT is to foster a positive business climate that encourages quality economic development through financial and technical assistance.
Business Assistance Programs
- Broomfield Workforce Programs - Offers resources and assistance in searching for new employees, hiring and screening services, as well as training for new and existing employees.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Consultations - The SBDC offers free business consultations on any problem that a modern business could be facing, their wide array of experts can assist in giving you the right tools to navigate your issue.
- Techsource: Commercialization by The Small Business Development Center - Subject matter expertise for businesses at any stage is provided through specialized consulting, accelerator programs, workshops and events to provide tangible help for small innovative businesses and entrepreneurs in order to overcome hurdles to growth.
- Manufacturer’s Edge - Manufacturer’s Edge is Colorado’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership Center that provides support, strategy, planning, training, and technical assistance to manufacturers of all sizes.
- Sustainment partnering with ME - Sustainment is a program to connect manufacturers to resources, customers, suppliers, and government procurement agencies with the goal of strengthening the United States manufacturing industry.
- Colorado Procurement Technical Assistance Grant - The purpose of the Colorado PTAC is to generate employment and improve the general economic condition of the state by assisting Colorado companies, including those eligible for preferential consideration, in obtaining and performing under local, state and federal government contracts.
Small Business Training and Education
- Broomfield Chamber of Commerce - Broomfield Leadership Program - This program helps local executives and future leaders hone their leadership skills while learning about the public and private sectors in Broomfield.
- Small Business Development Center - Leading Edge Program - This course covers everything an aspiring entrepreneur would need to start their own business or help take their business to the next level.
- Rocky Mountain Microfinance Institute - RMMFI focuses on serving underrepresented communities who are often overlooked or denied assistance by traditional lenders and other business services. They help entrepreneurs from the idea stage through launch and beyond with their micro loans.
- SCORE Denver - SCORE is a nationwide non-profit with a Denver chapter that offers mentoring with active or retired business executives in virtually every business sector.
- Front Range Community College - Customized Workforce Training - Front Range Community College offers businesses the opportunity to partner and craft curriculums and training programs tailored to their specific needs.
- Front Range Community College - Professional and Continuing Education - These courses are designed to provide targeted skill development in a manner that is expedient and accessible to employers and their workforce. These offerings also include OSHA classes.
- Front Range Community College - Center for Integrated Manufacturing - This program provides hands-on practical education for individuals interested in technical careers with the goal of filling the increased needs in skilled trades like automotive, architectural engineering and construction, drafting and interior design, machining, manufacturing, heating and air conditioning and welding. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>