Birth and Death Certificates
Apply in Person Identification is required for birth and death certificates. If the applicant is not able to provide acceptable documentation, a parent, spouse, grandparent, adult sibling or adult child may provide appropriate identification to request the birth certificate as long as proof of relationship can be documented.
- Birth Certificate Application
- Individuals who were born in Colorado (regardless of
countyof birth or residence) may purchase state-certified copies at the located in the George Di Ciero City and County Building at One DesCombes Drive. The hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday through Friday.
- Cost: $17.75; each additional copy $10 (on the same order)
- In order to receive a copy of a birth certificate the following documentation is required:
- For more information, please call the Central Records Office at 303-464-5819
- Death Certificate Application
- Death certificates may be obtained at the Health and Human Services Department, 100 Spader Way for individuals who passed away in Colorado between 1975 to present regardless of the country in which they passed away. The hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday through Friday.
- Cost: $20.00; each additional copy $13 (on the same order)
- For more information, please call Public Health and Environment, Vital Records at 720.887.2220